3mo reducing feeds slightly?

(7 Posts)
ThreeWheelsGood Thu 17-Jan-13 22:29:06

haha, thanks Wild! I do feel like that, I keep getting used to something then it changes, especially true of sleeping habits.

WildRumpus Thu 17-Jan-13 10:34:05

They are also imbetween growth spurts. Mine all increased their feeding around 8 weeks, then fed a bit less and then increased again around 16 weeks as they hit another growth spurt. They are constantly evolving and adapting and the changes in the 1st year happen so quickly it feels like as soon as you get the hang of things they are changing again - the baby rollercoaster! Enjoy! smile

Twobuttonsaway Thu 17-Jan-13 10:24:49

Same for my DS too, I think it is more efficient feeding smile

CitrusyOne Tue 15-Jan-13 18:17:38

Same here. DD is 12 weeks and going longer between feeds. Sometimes she has short feeds only from one side- other times she has longer feeds from both sides. She's thriving and putting on weight so I'm not stressing too much (I stress about most things from time to time)

Ariel24 Mon 14-Jan-13 16:40:26

Thanks ThreeWheels, I guessed must be ok as long as nappies still ok and baby is happy and gaining weight well

ThreeWheelsGood Mon 14-Jan-13 15:44:28

this has happened to me too! Presumed it was normal, read somewhere that the older they get the more efficient they are, and fewer feeds than when they are newborn.

Ariel24 Mon 14-Jan-13 15:27:16

Is it normal for babies to start spacing out their feeds slightly as they get a bit older, but before weaning? My 3mo ebf DD seems to be going a bit longer between feeds, and often only feeds from one breast at each feed these days, although I try to always offer both. she is healthy, happy and alert, and gaining well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now