Help! 1mo FF DS suddenly only taking half the amount of formula and then falling asleep

(4 Posts)
DangerMousey Thu 10-Jan-13 08:30:47

Until now DS (1mo, a big baby, currently 11lb) has been having 5-6oz of formula at each feed, 6 times per day.

Since yesterday he has started falling asleep after 3oz and his feeding patterns have gone all over the shop. He still screams for his food like he's really hungry but then just seems to lose interest.

He seems to be doing this 8 or so times in 24 hours, and is still having about 1 big feed per day, so he is still getting enough food over 24 hours I reckon (he had about 29oz yesterday), but I wonder if there's something wrong with him. Is he poorly? Has he gone off his milk? Or is this just a phase? Anyone else known a FF baby do this?

ThedementedPenguin Thu 10-Jan-13 09:41:12

Yes my ds done/does his all the time. I think it's normal.

He's only 1 month old so will swap and change his routines all the time.

Your baby is taking a lot of milk in. My 4 month old ds is taking 29-36 oz a day. So I wouldn't be concerned. It will prob pass.

could he need a faster teat? When mine starting falling asleep during a feed/took ages to take a feed then it was time for a faster flow.

Agree with the faster teat. Mine did the same, and it was only the change in teat that helped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now