Nipple problem-possibly tmi but very sore and not wanting to stop feeding 18mo

(7 Posts)
Molehillmountain Sat 05-Jan-13 19:03:58

And also get in touch with bf counsellor-there do still seem to be unwanted teeth involved with feeding and I don't want a recurrence of this. Thanks all grin

Molehillmountain Sat 05-Jan-13 19:02:14

Thanks! Amazingly, it's started to get less painful to feed and the cuts seem to be healing a bit. Might be because I'm feeding a bit less at night, dd2 has finally started to sleep a bit better, who knows?! But I'm going to take the suggestions anyway and if its not loads better by Monday, get a gp appointment. Will buy the Lansinoh alternative too.

leedy Fri 04-Jan-13 15:05:52

I found Multi-mam moist compresses really good for healing when I got a bad bite from DS1 - much better than Lansinoh.

diyqueen Fri 04-Jan-13 14:08:04

Yowch! Are you sure there's no infection? I had similar when dd was 7mo and nothing worked until I had a course of antibiotics, which brought pretty fast relief (began healing on second day and closed over in about a week - still have a scar though!).

Welovecouscous Thu 03-Jan-13 00:03:44

Sorry just realised you said 18 month old not 18 week old blush

Welovecouscous Thu 03-Jan-13 00:03:05

Stopping feeding doesn't promote healing much afaik - your GP is right about moist healing. I think you need to deal with the root cause and get your latch checked.

Molehillmountain Wed 02-Jan-13 22:55:41

Dd2 was quite bitey a couple of months ago when I think she was teething. It's still very sore, although not as bad as the following will sound, because I've been left with 1cm cuts in both nipples that just won't heal. I'm about to go back to the gp. Last time she suggested Lansinoh and said moist healing was the thing now. Was happy with that but there has been no healing really. Not infected either but not healed. Sorry to put you through reading that but what I was wondering is, if the gp suggests stopping feeding to promote healing, what might happen if I gave each side a day's rest to kickstart healing? After feeding all three of my babies and this being my last, who I'd been hoping to wean when she was ready, I really don't want to stop but can't carry on like this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now