Not sure I can carry on with breastfeeding

(102 Posts)
PollyIndia Thu 25-Oct-12 08:18:05

It is getting more not less painful to the point that I cry each time we feed. I have had a multitude of advice on the latch but never seems to help. My nipples are cracked and bleeding and getting worse. I do not want to give up, but I am at my wits end. He is only 2 weeks old. I had mastitis last 2 days which didn't help. I a pumping the right today and will give him the milk in a bottle to give the nipple a break.

Could nipple shields be worth a try? This is worse than labour!!

ChestnutsRoastingonaWitchesTit Fri 23-Nov-12 12:17:37

Oops sorry, I skimmed the posts blush

Hope you and ds are well

PollyIndia Fri 23-Nov-12 15:12:53

I do have the wonder weeks book Seriouslysleepdeprived and think we could be on the 8 week leap as he was 2 weeks overdue and he has started making lots of new noises etc. He was much more cry-y than normal yesterday - he is a fairly chilled baby as long as I sling him before he hits being overtired! - but I calmed him down by 830 and then last night feeding was much better. Still uncomfortable vasospasm, but much less painful. I wonder if the osteopathy could have helped. It is the OCC i went to see, at their shoreditch clinic. They are fab.

So I am feeling optimistic today!

Chestnut, amazing you had such quick improvement. For me t has been 2 weeks since the snip and we are not there yet !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now