Join Kate Atkinson to talk about STARTED EARLY, TOOK MY DOG, our June Book of the Month, on Weds 22 June, 8-9pm

(136 Posts)

June's Book of the Month is the latest Number One bestseller from a much-requested Mumsnet favourite, Kate Atkinson. STARTED EARLY, TOOK MY DOG is the fourth novel to feature former private detective Jackson Brodie. The story also introduces security chief Tracy Waterhouse, whose one moment of madness turns her steady world into a nightmare of fear and panic. As the plot dovetails and twists and weaves together, Jackson (who has spent a lifetime looking for missing people) now begins to learn those people don't always wish to be found.

Transworld are offering 50 copies of STARTED EARLY, TOOK MY DOG to Mumsnetters. To bag your copy before they run out, email your name and address to k.green@transworld-publishers.co.uk, and put Mumsnet in the Subject bar.

We're delighted that Kate will be joining us on Wednesday 22 June, 8-9pm, so don't forget to join us to ask Kate about all her books, how she writes, her experiences of motherhood, what inspires her... See you then.

KateAtkinson Wed 22-Jun-11 21:12:08

peggotty

Can you give us a little hint about what the book you are currently writing is like (I'm guessing you might not want to but I have to ask!) Or even when it may be finished?

I keep saying it's about the War - but i have 56000 words and I haven't got to the war yet!

daftnan1 Wed 22-Jun-11 21:12:58

Do you feel that, having seen your work on tv, this will influence your future writing?

KateAtkinson Wed 22-Jun-11 21:14:04

ThatllDoPig

What BellEnd said.

Thank you so much kate. Love your books. My fave is Human Croquet.
Your clever, funny, quirky, beautiful, brave writing was the perfect escapism at times in my life when I've really needed it.

Are you secretly a little bit in love with Jackson?

No! I think he would be rather annoying if he were a real person!

KateAtkinson Wed 22-Jun-11 21:14:44

daftnan1

Do you feel that, having seen your work on tv, this will influence your future writing?

Good question. Ihope not!

Sorry, crossed posts there. Thanks for answering. I can't wait to read Just William to my three boys.

KateAtkinson Wed 22-Jun-11 21:16:04

Thank you everybody for your questions! We could have gone on all night... Bye for now. Kate.

ThatllDoPig Wed 22-Jun-11 21:20:01

Tilly says you'll tell us of your experiences of motherhood! Has it changed your writing?

ThatllDoPig Wed 22-Jun-11 21:20:46

aw, bye and thank you!

I think we'll have to draw to a close there, although I know many of us could easily keep chatting all night. Thanks to everyone for all the questions and many apologies to anyone who wasn't answered.

Kate, thank you so much for taking the time to talk to us this evening. It has been such an honour and pleasure to have you here. And thank you too for all the glorious books.

Good luck with the War one, and please come again when it's published... can't wait to read it.

Many thanks again.

CJCregg Wed 22-Jun-11 22:52:14

<weeps, tears clothes>

Kate didn't answer my question sad. Thanks, Tilly, for trying to push it though grin.

Maybe next time ...

groak Thu 23-Jun-11 21:21:38

wow, really in depth answers from kate there grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now