Join Rose Tremain to talk about TRESPASS - our Book of the Month - on Thur 20 Jan, 8pm

(96 Posts)

A date for your brand new diaries...

We've chosen TRESPASS by Rose Tremain as our January book of the month.

It's a thrilling novel about disputed territory, sibling love and devastating revenge, by the bestselling author of (amongst many others) The Road Home (winner of the Orange Broadband Prize for Fiction) and Restoration (shortlisted for the Booker Prize).

We're really pleased that Rose can join us for our next book club discussion on Thurs 20 Jan at 8pm.

Read more about Trespass and Rose's other books, plus read an interview with Rose when Trespass was longlisted for the Booker...

Hope you can join us, should be a great discussion.

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 22-Dec-10 12:50:56

You can read more about Trespass and Rose's other books here. Should be a cracking start to a new year of book club.

And if you want a look back at what we've read this past year, here are 2010's book club reads. smile

FunnysInTheGarden Wed 22-Dec-10 16:12:29

How exciting. I love Rose Tremain. I have Trespass and so will now have to make time to read it over Christmas for the webchat.

Guacamohohohole Wed 22-Dec-10 20:48:58

I am definitely going to participate in book club 2011... It's one of my new years resolutions!

MayorNaze Wed 22-Dec-10 20:49:55

splendid

looking forward to it

merry xmas to all

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 22-Dec-10 20:56:02

grin How exciting.

arentfanny Wed 22-Dec-10 21:04:52

Would love to but queue in the library is too long. sad

gailforce1 Wed 22-Dec-10 22:24:37

I think that a lot of MNetters are ordering their copy from the library - I am 17th on the list!!
Really hoping that I can get a copy and read enough to join the discussion.
Happy Christmas to everyone.

FunnysInTheGarden Wed 22-Dec-10 22:28:10

incidentally I think I have read everyone of Rose Tremains novels and short stories and so may officially be her number one fan.............thrilled thrilled thrilled that I may actually be able to 'talk' to her.....

Haribojoe Wed 22-Dec-10 22:36:41

my copy arrived from amazon today, shame they couldn't manage to deliver all my missing Christmas presents, but that's another thread.

Looking forward to starting it smile

overthemill Thu 23-Dec-10 20:04:33

FunnysInTheGarden will fight for the title - me too grin LOVE her books

deleting Thu 23-Dec-10 21:48:47

Love her, she is one of my favourites. read this one on holiday in october. look forward to 20 Jan.

FunnysInTheGarden Thu 23-Dec-10 22:34:24

OK overthemill how many of her books have you read ?<throws down the gauntlet>

SixtyFootDoll Fri 24-Dec-10 14:21:09

I am a huge Rose Tremain fan have read al of her books, will be putting Trespass on my (post) Xmas list.

THis is so exciting.

LostArt Sat 25-Dec-10 23:22:08

There must be a lot of Mnetters round my way. I'm 47th on the library waiting list and I ordered the book ages ago. sad

comewhinewithme Mon 27-Dec-10 19:05:34

I just downloaded it to my Kindle <excited>.

Haribojoe Thu 30-Dec-10 15:26:02

Is this the thread where we can discuss the book while reading it IYSWIM.

I'm almost half way through and am enjoying it so far, anyone else made a start?

arentfanny Thu 30-Dec-10 21:24:04

Hariboje, no that gets saved for the night itself.

My copy from the library is hopefully on its way so I may get lucky.

Guacamohohohole Fri 31-Dec-10 21:59:18

Can I just ask... What was the outcome of the book club questionnaire from before Christmas? In particular, what was decided regarding opening the thread earlier or in two parts to discuss the book without the author?

Haribojoe Sat 01-Jan-11 09:38:41

guacomo I thought I read that there was going to be a thread to discuss the book ahead of the live chat, but can't see anything.

Guacamohohohole Sat 01-Jan-11 10:22:22

That's what I thought... I seem to remember reading (but now can't find) something about having 2 threads, 1 with and 1 without the author.

Haribojoe Sat 01-Jan-11 11:13:56

Will send message to OP to try and find out.

101dalmations Mon 03-Jan-11 19:04:24

I'd love to join this - do I just let you know here or do I have to do something else?

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 03-Jan-11 20:04:28

Hello, in kind of reverse order of questions, will try to provide some answers.

101dalmations, all you have to do is post your question to Rose on this thread, either before or during the book club discussion. She's our guest on Thurs 20 Jan at 8pm. You're welcome to ask her about Trespass specifically, or any of her other novels.

Guacamohohohole, have spoken to Tilly and we reckon, yes, let's have two threads - this one for the discussion with Rose, and then a separate one to discuss Trespass.

And Hariboejoe, if you could save your thoughts for the discussion with Rose and/or the other thread about Trespass, that would be great.

Will check this thread in the morning in case there are any more questions.

Thanks everybody smile.

gailforce1 Wed 05-Jan-11 19:24:51

Are you having trouble getting a copy of Trespass? YOU bookshop are selling them at £4.99 including p&p. I ordered today and was told delivery in 10 days - so will be quicker than getting a copy from the library where I am 17th on the waiting list!!
YOU bookshop 0845 155 0711 or youreadinggroup.co.uk

Has anyone started reading yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now