Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Anyone out there? Come and introduce yourself and your blog!!

(261 Posts)
Craftsonsea Thu 31-Jan-13 09:43:37

Hello, I would love to read more blogs by people on this network and I'm sure others would too! Please introduce yourself and your blog and drop in your url, twitter handle and facebook page so we can all try and find some new things that might interest us! I'll start eh?
I write CraftsonSea which is non pretentious crafty stuff wink sewing, silversmithing, cooking, the odd rant, sometimes a bit of photogaphy or Essex stuff. My facebook page is over here and I tweet at @craftsonsea
Right who's next?

bessie26 Sun 03-Feb-13 22:43:34

<waves at onykahonie>

Are we all quite new here? I only joined the MN Bloggers network a few weeks ago.

Rea2013 Sun 03-Feb-13 23:00:50
Rea2013 Sun 03-Feb-13 23:04:46

Sorry, posted that too quick, it's a kind of online diary for me, my first blog so not sure if I can keep it going or if its any good, only time will tell I suppose. I also have twitter rea_2013 but not quite worked out how to use it yet.

Onykahonie Sun 03-Feb-13 23:15:46

Hi Bessie <waves back> I've been a bit of a lurker for a while, but thought I'd try and get involved with the bloggers network grin

Hello, I've been a Mumsnetter for yonks and have just had a blog accepted into the Mn bloggers network, whoop!
Although I've been blogging for the small business I run for 3 years, that blog is attached (not a v technical phrase, I'm not techy!) to my business website so it can't be accepted by the MN bloggers network. However I've recently started a news/history blog A Royal Baby which I'm really enjoying setting up.
I'm on Twitter too.

landofmakebelieve Mon 04-Feb-13 23:04:39

Hi, I'm married with two small boys, and blog about parenting dilemmas and opinions, and life as a SAHM.
I can be found blogging here : castawaywithdreams.wordpress.com/
and on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/wendy0
Some of these blogs on here I'm already familiar with as I'm already following or have heard of. smile
<off for a mooch over to look at the blogs I haven't heard of before>

FlipFantasia Tue 05-Feb-13 17:24:54

Craftsonsea thanks for starting this! A great idea to introduce a bit more of a community and showcase some of the great blogs in this network!

I'm a mum to a 10 month old girl & a 2.10 year old boy, living in northern NJ (after years of living in London, which is where I developed my MN addiction!), and blogging about my family's adventures in greener living.

I blog at Low Impact Parenting.

I'm on Twitter @lowimpactmama and on FB at Low Impact Parenting

If you follow me I'll follow you back. I read a lot of blogs through twitter in particular. Though I'd love to get into using Facebook for my blog - I've tried, and failed, thus far, and not quite sure what I'm doing wrong...so any tips on that would be great too!

minimumthebare Tue 05-Feb-13 19:55:10

Ooh, I've found some lovely blogs through this, thanks Craftsonsea! Great idea smile

I blog at minimumthebare.wordpress.com/ and on twitter @minimumthebare

I'm a newish mum to a small boy, and am trying to get back into good beauty habits now I'm back at work-usually manage to blog once or twice a week, and love hearing any comments or feedback!

Egusta Wed 06-Feb-13 09:08:06

Hello! I have enjoyed looking through the blogs. I am Egusta, and I live with my husband and son. I blog recipes and the occasional restaurant review. I just love cooking (and eating!) and I am sometimes embarrassed, wondering why on earth anyone would be interested in what we eat, but I love sharing recipes and reading other food (and lifestyle and feminist and social commentary) blogs so took the plunge last year.

eatwithgusto.wordpress.com/

Hi Egusta, I nominated you for a MAD blog award. But not because of your seafood recipe. Oh no, not that.

Egusta Wed 06-Feb-13 12:18:26

It's yum!! Really!

What a a MAD blog award, and what did I do? [bites fingers]

Egusta Wed 06-Feb-13 12:21:27

Oh! Just googled. Thanks!!!!!

I have a blog as sdtgcraftygenius here. It is a series of, often unconnected witterings about my attempt to look more positively at life.

I have depression, and have suffered from it since I was 14, and having left group therapy last year, I am trying to focus on the positives rather thna the negatives - hence the name of the blog - One Positive Thing Every Day. Sometimes I don't manage to post daily, but I have been doing better this year.

I blog about my crafty things there, as the things I make are positive things for me, and I am trying to learn to be happy and proud when I achieve something, rather than looking for all the ways I have failed.

I would love it if people read my witterings, but wouldn't blame you in the slightest if you found it all too me me me me.

Egusta Wed 06-Feb-13 13:31:52

I think that is the point of blogging SDTG! To be 'me me me'. smile

I like your blog alot, and love the idea of focusing on the positives. I need to do a bit more of that myself, as I have been overwhelmed with stress lately. So your mantra is a good one to live by.

I LOVE your header picture also. It is so beautiful.

Thank you so much, Egusta!

PigeonPairNell Wed 06-Feb-13 21:48:18

Thanks crafts on sea - what a good idea.

I've been blogging for a couple of months, on the good stuff, the cute stuff and the shit that happens when you're a SAHM to a pigeon pair of little-uns

mammalewis Thu 07-Feb-13 12:52:24

Hi all, I'm pretty new around here and the blogging world! I blog over at mummyandtheboy.blogspot.co.uk/ and I'm on Twitter as @mammalewis

I'm a mummy to one very beautiful (if I do say so myself!) little boy called Alfie who is 20 months. I'm a wife to a lovely man, referred to as Mr L on my blog. I work full time but hoping one day to become a WAHM.

Really looking forward to reading the new blogs and hopefully getting some feedback on my own blog!

Egusta Thu 07-Feb-13 13:03:33

Alfie is GORGEOUS!!!! What a little sweetie.

Egusta Thu 07-Feb-13 13:08:54

Austin and Gwen are too, Pigeon. smile very jealous of your great trip away!

Hello, I've just joined the mums net bloggers network - I blog about green urban living with a baby and pre-schooler including monthly green challenges. I've also challenged myself to find more fun in my 'new' life with little ones at the same time. But this week I've been distracted by baby starting nursery and blogged about childcare.
www.bikelightsinthefruitbowl.typepad.com/blog/

Nanniejo Thu 07-Feb-13 17:01:19

Hello there!
I blog about anything that relates to my life and hobbies as a mother, wife, grandmother, Jamie At Home consultant, cook, guitar player, singer......at The Family Haven and I twitter @Maternal smile

Craftsonsea Thu 07-Feb-13 19:28:45

Oh crikey, this has rather moved on without me noticing waves to everyone Have seen a few people on here whose blogs I read and who I had no idea who they were by their mn name, duh! Looking forward to (trying to) get lots of new reading done over the weekend grin

RecipeJunkie Fri 08-Feb-13 06:09:45

Craftsonsea you have the best ideas...

So another food blogger here - Recipe Junkie and the Attack of the Custard Creams. Blogging for 18 months now - 'family food', lots of cake, occasional fancy things and a bit about mad 3 legged springer spaniels and the 'challenges' of parenting (the things that 'challenge' me. Like craft). Also trying to branch out into some foodie comment and occasional low key controversy - wrote something about GBBO which caused a bit of a stir this week...

@RecipeJunkie27 and on Facebook

speechbloguk Fri 08-Feb-13 11:31:24

Hi. We are two mums and speech therapists who blog about anything and everything to do with child speech and language development.

You can find us at www.speechbloguk.wordpress.com We are also both on Twitter @ekgspeech and @HCSpeechtherapy

PigeonPairNell Fri 08-Feb-13 19:16:32

Thanks, Egusta! Your recipes look yum - and fairly simple too, so you are now the first recipe blog that I'm following on blogger!

Just checked out Wendy's World too, minimum. Great blog! Now I'm off to see some more.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now