PLEASE NOTE: All Mumsnetters and Mumsnet Bloggers are welcome to post in this Talk topic but this isn't the place for promoting blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. If you do that here, we may well delete your posts. If you'd like to join the Mumsnet Bloggers Network please do apply: we'd love to look at your blog!

What IS the #SecretThing that Mummy Barrow, Mammasaurus and The Alexander Residence are on about?!

(39 Posts)
KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 29-Jan-13 12:31:52

Top blogging trio Mammasaurus, Penny from The Alexander Residence and Mummy Barrow have put their heads together and come up with a thing.  This thing is a #secretthing - all we know is it's got something to do with Comic Relief, whose 25th anniversary is (unbelievably) this Tuesday. 

The trio so far have kept completely, infuriatingly schtum. Although they've all tweeted and blogged about it (read their posts here), they've managed not to let the cat out of the bag - apparently, they're going to reveal all on Thursday, so watch this space.

In the meantime, to prevent ourselves from exploding with anticipation, we're amusing ourselves at Mumsnet Bloggers HQ by trying to guess what the #secretthing might be. 

So what the jeff IS it? Over to you...

MummyBarrow Tue 29-Jan-13 13:04:57

Just putting this out there.

I love cake

and Pimms in a tin

And Mulberry

You know... if anybody might, well, <cough> want a hint 48 hours early

AlexanderResidence Tue 29-Jan-13 13:16:47

I have the puncture repair kit and some lard, we are good to go. Mummy Barrow you have said too much!

KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 29-Jan-13 14:37:51

The bloggers team have done a sweepstake. We think the thing is:

a small mammal trained to pick pockets <fund-raising>
the three of them on a bi-plane, in itsy-bitsy bikinis, trailing a Comic Relief banner <awareness-raising>
National tour of their Bananarama tribute-band, all profits to CR <hell-raising>

My money's on the bi-plane.

katese11 Tue 29-Jan-13 14:42:36

Hee hee, I am dying with suspense...the reveal is Thurs, right?

Tee2072 Tue 29-Jan-13 14:47:24

I think you're all wrong.

But I won't say what I think it is. In case I'm right and spoil the surprise.

::taps nose::

KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 29-Jan-13 15:06:10

Argh TEE! Have you burrowed round the back of Twitter and infiltrated their secret base?

Tee2072 Tue 29-Jan-13 15:09:13

Kate! Such an accusation...

::taps nose again::

MummyBarrow Tue 29-Jan-13 17:39:14

Okay can I just say that whilst the theme for Red Nose Day is "do something for funny for money" me in an itsy bitsy bikini would be beyond the realms of funny.

I would look like the Good Year Blimp.

Might be a good way to raise money "I need another tenner before I get out of this flight path"

KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 29-Jan-13 18:18:43

<imagines self in same, causing total eclipse of the sun>

TheLovingParent Tue 29-Jan-13 21:25:11

Do exciting secret things happen regularly in the blogosphere?
I'm a brand-new-newbie to all this, but CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY TO FIND OUT WHAT THE #SECRETTHING IS!
(Now awaiting a telling-off for 'shouting' in caps on forum!)
This week's mantra: "Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue."
wink
TLP
x

KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 29-Jan-13 21:32:38

Hello TLP
We reckon this exciting secret thing is a bit of a one-off. Though it might start a trend <hopeful>.
And no need to panic about shoutiness - you are amongst shouty, caps-loving friends here wink
So what's your best guess at the secretthing?
Latest poll of the MNB team puts naked cycling in the lead...

TheLovingParent Tue 29-Jan-13 21:40:51

Given the names of the Big Three and the CM theme, I'm going with:-

"On-street fundraising whilst practising the Alexander Technique, dressed as a T-Rex, in a wheelbarrow."

Or was that one done last year?

TheLovingParent Tue 29-Jan-13 21:41:21

CR theme (not CM). As in Comic Relief.. Soz.

KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 29-Jan-13 22:19:34

TLP - genius. It's got us thinking that a little competition for best suggestion might be in order...

TheLovingParent Tue 29-Jan-13 22:22:19

That could be a great fundraiser in itself! £1 per entry, via PayPal. Count me in. Happy to help set it up. smile

MummyBarrow Tue 29-Jan-13 22:30:35

thelovingparent ooh that sounds good. Would you?

Was also thinking we could buy a gift whilst doing our thing and the person who gets closest could win it?

Tee2072 Wed 30-Jan-13 09:17:05

Buy a gift? A clue?

KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 30-Jan-13 10:29:20

We're probably not able to do a Paypal thingy on here <jobsworth>.

BUT we do have a couple of boxfresh copies of Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson, AKA The Bloggess. It's very funny.

Let's say one to go to the closest answer, and another to the one which makes the Bloggers team snort the greatest volume of tea over their keyboards.

Tee2072 Wed 30-Jan-13 11:09:01

Pics on that last part, Kate, or it didn't happen!!

MummyBarrow Wed 30-Jan-13 12:16:35

I like this. I like this alot. We will also throw in something from the trip.

mummyglitzer Wed 30-Jan-13 12:33:22

Ha ha ha! I am loving TLP guess!

The #secretthing is literally keeping me awake at night and I'm not even involved!

IzzieA Wed 30-Jan-13 15:56:03

Is it a blind date with Harry from One Direction? Inspired by Fifty Shades perhaps?? Hope I haven't let the cat out of the bag!!

MummyBarrow Wed 30-Jan-13 18:07:25

oh IzzieA If only... if only..... <sigh>

ILoveDolly Wed 30-Jan-13 18:42:56

I have no idea what #secretthing might be but I am so excited about it my teeny section of blogoverse is virtually oscillating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now