Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Stopping the pill to conceive but what to do about severe period pain

(3 Posts)
Pickles82 Thu 17-Jan-13 21:51:33

In the next 6-8 months me and my husband will be thinking about starting a family. I need to come off the pill but the reason I was on it was to combat severe period pain (contraception was secondary). I'm unsure what to do because I know I need to stop it soon but I know my severe period pain will come back. Heat worked best for me but even that did nothing in the bad times and pills did nothing at all. I could put up with the pain for the greater plan but it interferred with my work so much every month. Does anyone have any advice on how I can stop the pill but combat my period pain naturally?? I need to mention that I have an underactive thyroid and Coeliac Disease so there's a lot of supplements that I can't take just to add to it! I'd be grateful for any advice smile

DillyTante Fri 18-Jan-13 18:29:03

Pickles, you might get a better response if you post on the main board, under health or something. But the only thing I can think of is a supplement like star flower or evening primrose oil.

I wonder if, given the magical properties of rasperry leaf tea on the uterus in pregnancy, whether that might help?

Pickles82 Fri 01-Feb-13 16:48:29

Thanks, I'll try that!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now