Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Restarting after a Xmas break with a rant about Raising Girls

(6 Posts)
HilaryClinton Mon 07-Jan-13 12:56:37

I agree that we are raising children, but also think there are some gender 'weighted' (rather than specific) issues.
How does the media create/cement stereotypes.

Dad thought it was interesting, but that we'd discuss properly when I've had a chance to read too.

MmeLindor Mon 07-Jan-13 10:36:07

Yes, that is really interesting, isn't it? I am going to email Prof Steinbeck today and ask her about that.

Tee2072 Mon 07-Jan-13 09:46:56

I haven't read Raising Boys because I don't read that sort of thing, but I was interested to see that the 'testosterone surge at 4' is an anecdote, not a fact. I always assumed it was a fact, since it's repeated so much here on MN.

I think we're all just raising children and they are all different, no matter their gender.

MmeLindor Sun 06-Jan-13 20:09:41

What did he think, Hilary? (I am just pretending that you ARE Hilary now).

HilaryClinton Sun 06-Jan-13 19:36:09

My Dad who has four daughters has just told me about this and an article he read (which I haven't). Apparently it is interesting!

MmeLindor Sun 06-Jan-13 19:03:22

I haven't blogged much over Xmas but my fingers were itching today when I read about Steve Biddulph's new book, Raising Girls.

Would be interested in your thoughts. Have any of you read Raising Boys? I intend doing a blog post on both books when the new one comes out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now