Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Question: can blogging turn you into a mini demagogue?

(9 Posts)
Zoela1 Mon 17-Dec-12 15:30:52

What is it about blogging that turns one into a mini demagogue, crazily seeking followers? Why do we care? Hmmmm strokes chin

2under2blog Mon 17-Dec-12 20:33:33

I never sought followers necessarily, just feedback. I wanted to help people in a similar situation to me.

I deliberately avoid discussing events in the news because I don't like to detract from the topic, but I can see why other bloggers might talk about things that are happening in the world as a way to gain a wider audience.

If that's what you mean!

Zoela1 Mon 17-Dec-12 20:47:39

Was just being silly - making a joke about why we want people to read and follow our blogs. Eeek hope it didn't sound like i really think bloggers are secretly power crazed! (digging a hole now) I just think it's interesting how once you start writing you really do want people to read what you put out there, and I was pondering why...

2under2blog Wed 19-Dec-12 10:42:25

Haha you just wait, in a few years' time there'll be an extra option on the ballots:

Labour
Conservative
Parent bloggers

It's just totally addictive once you start connecting with people the world over. I did do one post about TLC (the breast cancer campaign) to support a Britmums blog hop thingie and suddenly attracted about 1,000 extra readers. It did feel pretty good!

Zoela1 Wed 19-Dec-12 13:59:01

Ha! So you think parent bloggers will finally take over from the Lib Dems as the third party - coalition here we come! You're right, though, it is really addictive.
Your book looks great btw.

2under2blog Wed 19-Dec-12 15:22:51

I sincerely hope so, it'd really p!ss Liz Jones off...

Thank you muchly!

Zoela1 Wed 19-Dec-12 21:10:40

Haha good old Liz - such a reasonable woman.

2under2blog Thu 20-Dec-12 07:12:32

Oh I think you used the wrong words there. I think you meant 'horrendous baggy-kneed harridan' grin

Zoela1 Thu 20-Dec-12 12:53:24

You've just described me after a long night on fever-watch with my toddler.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now