Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

new to blogging, where can I find technical support

(11 Posts)
andapartridgeinapeartree Mon 10-Dec-12 09:51:35

Keep going, wordpress isn't easy at all to get to grips with, but once you have you'll be flying!

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Fri 07-Dec-12 21:26:28

I got your PM, but I need a link to your blog. grin

icepole Fri 07-Dec-12 21:19:59

That would be totally amazing! I don't think I am going to get it otherwise!

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Fri 07-Dec-12 21:07:17

Not sure what else to tell you. It's hard to say without seeing your WordPress edit area.

I'd be happy to take a look at it if you want to trust a total stranger on the 'net and PM me your login details.

icepole Fri 07-Dec-12 21:04:07

I think I am too daft for all this. I just don't see any of those things. There is an edit bit where it says you can change the size but nothing I do makes any difference and then the size of the picture in the post is different to the one that appears on the home page but I have no idea why.

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Fri 07-Dec-12 20:34:45

Usually the white box means that the theme expects the pic to have a caption. If you click on the picture in your editor, you will get two icons in the upper right of the picture. The one that looks like a picture will take you to a page to edit the photo, including sizing it and adding a caption.

icepole Fri 07-Dec-12 20:26:13

I have this theme here http://www.elegantthemes.com/demo/?theme=Origin

But I can't get my pictures all the same size. The forum suggested photoshop but I don't have it. Then on the pages themselves the pictures end up in these white boxes, like they have a frame around them.

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Fri 07-Dec-12 20:07:04

Can you give me more details as to what is happening? I might be able to help.

icepole Fri 07-Dec-12 20:03:37

I am on wordpress, I will look out the forum although I think my issues may be linked to the design I have bought for it. I tried posting on that forum but people there are very technical and are assuming a basic knowledge. I think my issue is probably really simple but I have no clue!

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Fri 07-Dec-12 19:54:58

Are you on WordPress or Blogger? Wordpress has a user forum, or you could ask here.

I don't know about Blogger even though I've used it a bit. They may have a forum as well.

icepole Fri 07-Dec-12 19:46:50

I am totally new to it and am really struggling with my pictures. They just keep doing weird things with sizes and I have no idea how to sort it. Where can I go to get support? Is there such a place? I am making a mess of it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now