Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Blog feedback

(5 Posts)
MerryLindor Sun 02-Dec-12 23:39:06

Here is mine, but it is a very different type of blog. Salt&Caramel

I like it better without the pic at the top. It should be bare. It fits well with the name.

With photos, I would go for strong, bold photos. No fussy photos, or ones with too much detail. Not too many either. It works well without but I think one or two would look good.

minimumthebare Sun 02-Dec-12 20:03:56

Thank you-I hadn't really thought about photos, but think you're right, it does need something to break up the text and add a bit of interest.

I've added a few more pages (still not done the 'About' page though!) and started tweeting a bit, but will get going properly with that next week.

If anyone else has any feedback, or a link for their blog so I can have a read (and add you as a blog I follow, if it's a good fit) that would be great.

Thanks again! smile

MerryLindor Sun 02-Dec-12 11:12:43

Good luck with your blog application.

I like that your blog is text based rather than photo based, which is unusual for a style and beauty blog, but think that you might need a photo or two on there.

Then I would suggest you play around with some of the themes on WP, to make your blog look more individual. Use a different photo, one that gives a suggestion of what your blog is about, or incorporates your blog name.

If you link to your twitter account then put a photo on Twitter, and at least a couple of posts. If you don't have time to investigate Twitter, take the link off until you have it up and running.

Your idea is good, and I am interested in seeing where you go from here.

minimumthebare Sat 01-Dec-12 19:31:06

Oops, just read the bit up there ^ about not being in the MN Bloggers Network-I have applied to join, sorry if I've broken the rules blush

minimumthebare Sat 01-Dec-12 16:53:48

Hi,

I'm new to blogging-could I ask for some feedback on my blog please? I have a couple of posts up, but would love to know what kind of changes I could make to improve it before I get much further down the road!

Link is minimumthebare.wordpress.com/ and I am working on the 'About' section at the moment-as I'd like to keep it anonymous, I'm having a think about what to have in there.

I'd love to meet other bloggers, and will be checking out the Style and Beauty blogs-any other recommendations would be great!

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now