If anybody remembers me poaching MN for witnesses to our wedding last year and is interested..

(58 Posts)
robino Mon 28-Feb-11 14:04:58

Our DC3 was born 9 days ago grin. She is a she and our house shall now forever more be under a cloud of pink over my dead body. DDs 1 and 2 are delighted. Mr Robino is even prouder than he ever was. All is well in the Robino household.

I had to tell you all because I'd confessed on the wedding thread to being pregnant very early on to try and explain away my lardiness glorious blooming on the photos blush

mustdash Thu 23-Jun-11 12:31:39

Congratulations, what gorgeous news. smile

stretch Thu 23-Jun-11 12:28:47

I remember the thread as well, wore my F5 button out that one did!

Congratulations. Lara is a beautiful name.

WuzzAndBuddy Mon 20-Jun-11 12:34:50

I'm another one like koolforcats... stumbled across this thread, ended up reading your whole wedding thread! Even shed a tear a year too late! blush

So here I am, saying congratulations on your marriage and on the birth of your DD, yes I know I'm way too late but your story is lovely and made me smile today, thankyou!

koolforcats Sun 12-Jun-11 10:14:27

Wow, I've just been doing idle MN drifting.....had no idea I'd stumble across this.....which of course led me to reading your entire wedding witness tale! Talk about giving me the warm and fuzzies! A gorgeous story, fabulous photos and a lovely new baby girl! Ive never before felt compelled to randomly post on a thread but I just had to say huge congrats to you all! wine

Ps I've not spotted your witnesses on this thread yet....I'm sure they'll love your news smile

Concordia Wed 08-Jun-11 15:57:15

i remember! congratulations.

ThinkingAboutBoden Wed 08-Jun-11 15:54:51

Oh darn it! I meant wink - always forget to write it or leave out the - !!

ThinkingAboutBoden Wed 08-Jun-11 15:53:13

I remember that thread! It was one of the first I really followed after joining/lurking around Mumsnet for a while beforehand.

I "Mumsnet" (not a verb I know!) a lot more now but that thread/your story will always hold a special place in my heart as something I often repeat to people whenever I find myself discussing internet forum type stuff and how it's not always only for weirdos/thickos etc etc!

Anyway - I also think it was the longest/nicest thread I ever read out to discussed with my husband too.....

Also the first time I ventured onto somebody's profile to look at a picture etc....see? Told you! A special place in my (usually) cold, cold heart!

Ahhhh - great news about your third baby - three girls! How utterly wonderful - spoken as a third baby girl and easily the bestest sister! ;-)

Many congrats to you all!

robino Mon 02-May-11 09:15:47

Knickers! Foundationgarments! Will update you on the other thread!

FoundationGarmentsOnOnesHead Tue 26-Apr-11 16:54:18

Beautiful name Robino!

So, the big question....Does anyone know yet?

Fimbo Mon 18-Apr-11 16:47:45

Oh I remember too, congratulations. The other lady who was a witness had gorgeous shoes.

AmandaCooper Fri 01-Apr-11 07:26:07

Of course we remember your thread, it was awesome! It's lovely to hear your news. When and where is the Christening?!

foundwanting Wed 02-Mar-11 21:25:07

Congratulations to all the robinos.

I remember your thread, and always eye people hopefully when I walk past the registrar's office, just in case someone needs a last minute witness.

Wigeon Wed 02-Mar-11 21:18:40

Aw - I remember too (lurked on your wedding thread) - belated congratulations on the wedding and many congratulations on the birth of Lara. And I specially remember from the photos how gorgeous your other DDs are too. smile

Nice to be reminded of Knickers and her headgear too!

OrangeClouds Wed 02-Mar-11 21:17:24

I remember your thread. Congratulations!

jonicomelately Wed 02-Mar-11 21:14:06

I remember your lovely wedding. Congratulations on the birth of Lara Ruth smile

robinosotherbridesmaid Wed 02-Mar-11 21:11:58

I did have a name change <twirls> grin

Blatherskite Wed 02-Mar-11 21:09:38

I remember that thread! I think I even had a name change for the occasion...

Congratulations on the new baby. Lara is a lovely name

robino Wed 02-Mar-11 20:40:14

FourFortyFour - no, I don't have a print out. I meant to and forgot. I will do it soon; thank you for reminding me!

Fuzzywood Wed 02-Mar-11 16:29:57

That was supposed to say 'lovely name by the way', I blame the sleeping but wriggling baby on my lap smile

Fuzzywood Wed 02-Mar-11 16:28:29

Congratulations, lovely namely the way. I only have one DD and failing in my attempt to hold back the sea of pink and glitter, you have no hope grin

ArfurBrain Wed 02-Mar-11 16:24:30

yay! Many congratulations

FourFortyFour Wed 02-Mar-11 16:18:38

I hope you printed out the thread and do the same with this one. It will be a lovely story for your children to remind you when you are too dotty old to remember it grin.

EveryonesJealousOfGingers Tue 01-Mar-11 22:58:12

Congratulations, and thank you for posting it is really nice to hear the next instalment - photo please! grin

bran Tue 01-Mar-11 22:39:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pancakeflipper Tue 01-Mar-11 21:09:01

did - not Do. Rahhhh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now