Two years today - my father

(7 Posts)
LuisSuarezTeeth Sat 15-Jun-13 22:16:04

At 4.30pm on 15th June 2011, my father passed away. I wish I could say he went peacefully, but he went kicking and screaming. To a boiling, stormy sky, just like today. It's so cruel. Tomorrow is Fathers' day.

I'm not sure I will come back to this thread but I thank you if you post and I send my thoughts and prayers to all of you who have lost your loved ones.

Sorry if that sounds weird.

X

ParsleyTheLioness Sat 15-Jun-13 22:23:43

I sympathise. Mine too, but a few years ago now, when I was pregnant, with who would have been his first grandchild. Hugs. x

Shakey1500 Sat 15-Jun-13 22:29:19

Sorry for your loss. thanks

It will be 39 years since my Dad died (I was 4) and not a day goes by where I don't think of him in some way. None moreso than Father's Day.

My DS (5) is the spitting image of him so I like to think he's still "around" in some way.

chickydoo Sat 15-Jun-13 22:29:26

thanks

LuisSuarezTeeth Sat 15-Jun-13 23:35:13

Oh thank you all so much! So sorry for your losses sad

I truly don't know what to do with myself today. I chose (didn't have to) go to work. Also chose to go tomorrow, but I've had about 4 hours sleep in 48 and I just want to oh god I dont know what!

LuisSuarezTeeth Sat 15-Jun-13 23:37:56

Please don't think I am odd, but...

I have kept the pillowcase that he died on and I cuddle it. I need to wash it dont I?

ChippingInWiredOnCoffee Sat 15-Jun-13 23:40:50

No - it's not weird and you don't need to wash it until you are ready.

There are a lot of us missing our Dad's this weekend (it has been 3 years for me) - but it must be extra hard if it's the anniversary of his death and bloody sodding Father's Day sad x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now