Father's Day suggestions for bereaved DH?

(2 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Thu 30-May-13 09:31:14

I hope this is the right topic to post in, and that someone can give me some advice. My FIL is sadly on the verge of dying, he has a matter of days left at the most. DH is devastated as although he has been unwell for a long time, it has only recently been diagnosed as terminal.

We have a young son, normally for Father's Day we would go out for a meal or something however I know it's going to be an incredibly tough day this year for him, so I wa wondering if anyone could suggest what I could do? I don't really want to leave the day empty as I know he will be upset, but I don't want to be insensitive and take him somewhere he will feel worse.

I know it's a very personal thing, but I'd be very grateful for any suggestions. Many thanks.

grants1000 Thu 30-May-13 12:37:19

Sorry to hear, how about a nice low key dinner at home, his favourite food and wine would best best, if you go out seeing other Dad's & son's having a good time would be too much to bear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now