10 years

(5 Posts)
marmon Thu 14-Feb-13 17:19:07

Tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of my dp Rays passing. He was only 39, he died of an brain aneurysm whilst playing football, I was 5 months pregnant with our ds who will be 10 in june.
So much has changed in those years, i obviously had our son, I was lucky to find love again and remarry, my dh is a brilliant dad to my son and stepfather to my dd.
What im trying to say is that I want tomorrow to be happy, im sure he would be so proud of ds and it feels like now should be his celebration of his short life not a day of mourning.
When he died we all went through hell and to this day I still miss him but I know hes gone, and I know this sounds crazy but I feel hes smiling on us. I hear tomorrow is going to be sunny which seems so apt as he was a beautiful Ray.
I do not see many people from Rays past except his parents and I know they still miss him desperately. So could you lovely mumsnet people please raise a glass to Ray and all those weve lost and thank them for the happiness they gave us however short. Thankyou.xxx

Here's to your beautiful Ray. wine x

DH's Mum passed 10 years ago in January, seems like yesterday.

marmon Thu 14-Feb-13 17:30:07

Thankyou Sparkling, it seems like the blink of an eye doesnt it? Yet so much has happended. Thankyou. I will raise a glass to your dh mum.x

FloatyBeatie Thu 14-Feb-13 17:31:01

I'll think of him tomorrow, marmon. I'm sure you are right that he would be proud of your son -- and I bet he would be proud of you, too. I'm sorry you lost him so early.

Thanks marmon. Yes ten years has flown.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now