help!!!! DS has drawn sportacus moustache on face with pen and it won't come off. Nativity play this morning!

(55 Posts)

how do I get the pen off???

(sorry this isn't the right topic but I couldn't work out which one to post this under)

PeachyBidsYouNadoligLlawen Tue 16-Dec-08 09:21:18

thanks, i felt low this morning but am now [gri] grin

maybe sneak a cd player in and blast iout hotel california as he answers his door? would match the purple tash a treat LOL

courvoisierbrandycreamolafoam Tue 16-Dec-08 09:21:22

ROFL

if it is biro try milk

Joolyjoolyjoo Tue 16-Dec-08 09:22:19

Pmsl!! Sorry, no help I know! grin

Turniphead1 Tue 16-Dec-08 09:32:29

fabulous! this rates alongside my friend's little boy (5) who confidently told his friend at their nativity play that Mary was Jesus's au pair .... as one of my top nativity stories!

rubyslippersisappearinginpanto Tue 16-Dec-08 09:33:34

try baby oil

hollyivypoppy34 Tue 16-Dec-08 09:40:35

pmsl -have you tried eye make up remover (The strong stuff that works for waterproof stuff)

alcohol (whisky) didn't work but he really didn't like the smell so went off into nursery saying "I don't like dirty beer" blush

<hopes in vain that the pen will have worn off by time nativity play starts this afternoon>

singyswife Tue 16-Dec-08 09:46:45

Do you have any of the alcohol wipes that you would use when the injure themselves?? Maybe try those. Also, I have googled and aparently diluted bleach works wonders. I actually used this on my dd when she tried to dye her bratz hair and she ended up blue (my dd not the Bratz).

GoodWilfToAllMN Tue 16-Dec-08 09:50:13

Farking hilarious.

Purple? Must be a gay bar.

Poledra Tue 16-Dec-08 09:50:24

Fantastic! grin Have you thought of trying a wire brush and Dettol?

<<Pol hopes other people remember that Billy Connolly sketch too - most apt with the purple 'tache>>

singyswife Tue 16-Dec-08 10:12:00

Yep, Wire Brush and Dettol, hospital cure for everything wasnt it. From cut fingers to willy infection, 'wire brush and dettol'.

I have no advice, but this is hilarious! grin

Lancelottie Tue 16-Dec-08 11:04:33

Wonderful! Take lots of photos.

My friend's little girl has just marked her first Nativity in reception by cutting off her own fringe...

sorry, but grin

maybe the school will be able to get it off befire his stage debut?

VerifiedLU4097 Tue 16-Dec-08 11:41:27

I may be a little late and this is an expensive option, but you could use it afterwards- Clinique No 2 clarifying lotion. My friend had a smudged henna tattoo and it was the only thing that worked.

DoesntChristmasDragOn Tue 16-Dec-08 11:49:06

<<weeps with laughter>>

saintmaybe Tue 16-Dec-08 12:11:28

ds2 coloured in his whole face with blue permanent marker a couple of years ago. Took a good week to go. Sorry!

thumbElf Tue 16-Dec-08 12:14:46

absolutely hysterical!
Can't you just plaster his face with concealer/ foundation (industrial grade) - assuming you have such stuff in the house?

You could try nail varnish remover, if you havent already - the acetone might shift it.

v.v.v.funny grin

edam Tue 16-Dec-08 12:17:45

grin

Fingers crossed either it wears off by this afternoon OR your ds gets rave reviews for his method acting.

Sycamoretree Tue 16-Dec-08 12:20:04

I would also use nail varnish remover - if you're DS's delicate skin can take it!

liath Tue 16-Dec-08 13:11:26

I once used nail varnish remover on my face after a fake tan disaster - it got rid of the fake tan but lets just say the rash I developed was pretty disfiguring...blush

I do like the idea of just colouring it in black grin.

fondant4000 Tue 16-Dec-08 15:45:25

Oh well MTM sounds like you've put him off spirits for life... so that's a plus grin

Hope he enjoyed the nativity. Can't think of anything better than an innkeeper with a tash stinking of whisky on Christmas eve... sounds like an evening down our local wink

treedelivery Tue 16-Dec-08 15:48:36

Hysterical.

Picture pleae! No useful suggestions I'm afraid.

hollyivypoppy34 Tue 16-Dec-08 17:08:09

smartelf I think in theatre circles its not known as industrial but joan collins strength....

mtm - c'mon how did it go?

well not too bad in the end - the nursery staff wiped it as often as they could (poor lad) so it was fortunately just a red line by the time of the afternoon performance as I think that was the only pigment left in. Looks like it's here for a few days.

he did get some odd looks off the other parents though.....

thanks for all your hysterical laughter helpful suggestions though wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now