I feel guilty my 17 month old loves tv so much

(76 Posts)
Cupcakemummy85 Mon 17-Dec-12 22:28:28

I feel so guilty about this and don't have a go at me all at once lol but my dd loves watch tv. Mainly peppa pig and Ben and holly. I try and make sure we r out once a day but I'm 32 weeks pregn and starting to feel rather tired now. My friends say don't worry it's fine but I can't help feeling bad especially when my dd has a massive tantrum after I switch her programme off. It's not all day she watches it but a bit in the morning and afternoon. My dp puts her programmes on for her all the time, even when I ask him to play with her. I feel like I'm going to loose sleep over this. I've got so many things to worry about with her, not sleeping through, not eating too well and now telly addiction :s if I don't have it on she sits by the gate to the kitchen and screams whilst I'm making a coffee or something like that. This evening I even read her favourite book 20 times (litreally!!) so she wouldbt watch tv. Lol am I really doing a bad thing by letting her watch tv. Please tell me it's not that bad :/

Cupcakemummy85 Sun 23-Dec-12 21:28:08

Thank you ellesabe for replying. I think with a new lot of toys at Christmas my dd should find a bit more joy in playing with her toys because at the moment she seems bored with them. I'm a bit more chilled about the tv but make extra effort to go out at least once. It's difficult if its raining because she just isn't into crafts as much as I try she really doesn't want to do it. So on rainy days I think a bit if tv is fine. Hopefully my dd will b the same as urs and just will take or leave the tv.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now