Is a 15 month old enough to be fussy with eating??

(5 Posts)
JacqueslePeacock Wed 05-Dec-12 22:16:27

That's really odd. In the meantime, can you try blending other things in with the yoghurt? That might be a way of getting more food types into her.

Megamum42 Tue 04-Dec-12 20:10:57

Thanks for your replies. The GP has found nothing wrong with her today. Shes not teething anymore, so I think it may just be fussiness! She certainly asserts herself in other areas, like if her brother snatches a toy off her or if she doesn't want to come out of the bath! She rejects other soft foods and other hard foods. Today she has eaten in total 2 1/2 yoghurts and 1 cracker, and 4 oz milk, whilst smiling delightedly! The minute I offer her something else she has a 2 second transition into a distrought angry baby!

PoppyWearer Mon 03-Dec-12 22:46:33

Ok, 3 weeks is a long time actually. Will she eat better if you give Calpol before a meal? I would seek advice at the baby clinic perhaps?

PoppyWearer Mon 03-Dec-12 22:45:21

FWIW my 15mo would eat "gogurt" all day long rather than anything else. One of his first words and one of his favourite things. Also when he is teething more, or sick, he wants to drink more milk and will point at his bottles on the drying rack.

He definitely has preferences and opinions on food, but is less fussy than his big sister was.

I'd guess it's teething, so maybe try some softer foods, mashed potato, cottage pie, etc, and give the option of harder foods (sweetcorn, peas etc) as finger foods so that she can control them?

They won't go hungry!

Megamum42 Mon 03-Dec-12 22:34:27

Hi there. My 15 month old has recently stopped eating much-she will only eat yoghurt. Sometimes she will eat 1 cracker. Sometimes she will drink some milk. Depending on the weather. This has been going on for 3 weeks and she seems visibly to have lost weight. I wasnt initially worried as she was teething, then got ill, but now she seems better, bar a cold, but is still not eating. I'm wondering, is she still ill? or is this a developmental thing? Is she old enough to be fussy? I'm taking her to the GP soon to see if she is ill. But I wondered if any other mums had experienced this and if 15 months is old enough to be fussy and if yes what to do about it? I still think of her as a baby rather than a toddler as she cant pull her self up, stand or walk. But maybe at 15 months she will display other 'toddler traits'?? smile THanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now