13 month old LEAKING NAPPIES!!!!

(24 Posts)
lolajane2009 Wed 05-Dec-12 20:23:15

i use the little lamb covers and tots bots and prefer the little lambs bombproof wraps. never leaked but they are a bit frilly tbh.

RoyMum Tue 04-Dec-12 18:52:20

Ann no I don't its a minefield out there!
We've resorted to putting 2 disposables on, one 4maxi + and one 5, I feel so sorry for the little guy sad
I don't mind buying a 2 part nappy system second hand, but I'm just trying to be as convenient as possible, I'm doing so much washing of bed linen already!
You know what I mean..reuseables sound like even more washing!
Perhaps I should do a one part system with booster pads and a liner..do they need washing every day these one part systems..
Thanks again

brettgirl2 Sun 02-Dec-12 20:05:09

Do you know anyone who uses reusables and would let you borrow anything to try it out? I use reusables but there is some baffling stuff written about them on forums!!!

I cant see how it would work using extra pads outside a disposable. It might be possible to put a flips insert inside a disposable but I've never tried it (bamboo pads which are slimmer feel wet to the touch).

Both motherease and totsbots wraps come in different sizes so would be fine. Its the motherease nappies that are 'one size' and just wouldnt fit a chunkier baby/ toddler.

RoyMum Sat 01-Dec-12 12:49:37

Ok some ideas now smile ill look up m nearest aldi, if its ages away I'm a bit stumped. Otherwise I'll try out the reuseables, I have heard ideas of wraps over disposables? Or a disposable with booster pads between the disposable and the wrap? We to date have only used disposables so the whole reuseable thing is way over my head. I'm not even sure how it works! Nappy with booster pads then wrap over? My boy is 28 odd pounds and chubby, so would motherease airflow ones be good or these totbot ones be good? Arghhhh x

brettgirl2 Sat 01-Dec-12 11:13:43

I found tesco and sainsburys disposibles very good (they were the same tbh so prob are the same as asda and aldi!).

I use reusables this time round the advantage with them is you can just boost them up and up and it doesnt matter if they are bulky for night. I have some bamboozle stretch but they only last for 4 hours during the day and they marketed as night time. I keep them for day because they are slim fitting under clothed but they take forever to dry.

I use motherease for night and put a couple of extra pads in. They are quicker to dry. The issue there though is that if he is big they arent and the 30lbs or whatever they claim is ludicrous. The other one I sometimes use for night is a wonderoo and again easy to boost up but with an extra wrap or it would leak.

In terms of wraps I use totsbots flexiwraps because all the others I've tried have marked my baby's legs. Again it probably depends on their size/ build.

Bambo nappies have never leaked on me and I keep going back to them especially for nights..

Chopsypie Fri 30-Nov-12 10:51:44

I've got lots of Aldi size 5's if you want me to post you a few and see how you get on with them?

RoyMum Thu 29-Nov-12 11:30:23

Oooo ok, we only have a lidl near us though sad

nicki1978 Wed 28-Nov-12 22:27:28

RoyMum, Our DS is now 17mths old and about 7-8 mths ago (i think it was) we had the same problem with our DS leaking when we used Huggies so we moved onto Pampers and tried the active fit and the super dry versions both in his size 4 and bigger and he still leaked. I feel your frustrations, I got really fed up with having to change our DS completely through and even worse if he was in bed and all bedding to do as well!

Someone recommended Aldi's own as being great. We gave them ago, we purposefully went for the bigger nappy, size 5, and there great. They even see him through a 12 hr sleep. The added bonus is they are half the price of pampers for the same number of nappies. Xx

RoyMum Wed 28-Nov-12 17:51:13

Oh no really sad I don't think he's fully filling the nappy, someday they're super heavy but don't leak, others not so easy and leak. We both do them super tight and use same size, it's just really random leakage!

CatchTheFox Wed 28-Nov-12 17:49:24

you could try a wrap over a disposable i guess, but there's nothing absorbent in most waterproof wraps that would catch any leaks IYSWIM? maybe look into wool or fleece wraps if you decide to give that a go.

Figgygal Wed 28-Nov-12 08:19:27

My 11mo 26lber is a nightmare wet more mornings than not we've also tried different nappies and different sized nappies but when he's sleeping on his face And thrashing around in his sleep not sure what else to do either confused

Splatt34 Wed 28-Nov-12 08:14:56

We change DDs nappy when we go to bed, otherwise it leaks by morning

Tgger Tue 27-Nov-12 23:18:35

Sounds a bit daft but have you tried putting the nappy on either tighter or looser? And maybe the smaller nappy is better. My just turned 4 year old wears a pull up size 5 at night grin.
For us Active Fit Pampers, put on very tightly round the tummy, were the way to go until they were about 3 then they were ok in pull ups over night until dry at night. DS was much bigger than DD so he had bigger size nappies, but very tightly done up I seem to remember...

PixelAteMyFace Tue 27-Nov-12 22:51:32

We have exactly the same problem with our 13 month old, he was fine until he started sleeping on his tummy, now we have wet pyjamas and sleeping bag every morning , while the back of his nappy is bone dry.

I`ve tried flipping him onto his back, but he just rolls over again.

I`ve tried larger nappies, it didn`t help.

I`ve tried changing his nappy at midnight, but he refuses to go back to sleep without being fed, cue more wet clothes.

The only days he is dry are the ones where he has to be woken at 6.00am to get ready for nursery.

RoyMum Tue 27-Nov-12 16:04:58

Tbh I was thinking the reusable was the way to go. But maybe just a wrap over a disposable or is that gross? Thing is I've tried admittedly in the past most brands already recommended, always found tesco best absorbency

CatchTheFox Tue 27-Nov-12 15:06:58

have you considered washables? even if you just use them at night time. There are some great dedicated night nappies out there, and a thriving 2nd hand market if you're on a budget.

you may even decide to use them in the day - I use Bumgenius Flips for daytime, and have never had a problem with leaks.

Chopsypie Tue 27-Nov-12 11:41:40

Can you perhaps ask friends with similarly aged children if you can borrow one or two just to try them? Or write to the companies and ask for a free sample?

RoyMum Mon 26-Nov-12 21:55:57

Man this is going to be expensive lol. Will retry the size 4+, my des is 28 pounds. But very long, leaks are always up front, the prince wills is definitely down though!

Chopsypie Mon 26-Nov-12 13:34:24

We had a lot of leaks in pampers, ang huggies. Adsa and aldi worked best for us. Maybe try buying a few different brands until you find one thats best?

Change brand?

forevergreek Mon 26-Nov-12 13:27:52

Yes I was going to say are they too big, jut as 18 month old here is average/ chunky and has 4+, and still fits in 4s if I find any odd ones around. Put him in a 5 last week at friends at it was huge on him! And I assume would have leaked had he worn it overnight

Hersetta Mon 26-Nov-12 13:21:53

I much prefer the baby dry to the active fits - get much fewer leaks. How big is your ds? My fairly chunky DS is nearly 16 months and still in size 4 nappies. My husband made the mistake of putting him in size 5's and there were leaks so maybe the nappies are too big.

RoyMum Mon 26-Nov-12 08:28:47

HI All,

My son has been leaking on and off for past 4 months arghhh. When it first happened we went from tesco active ones to pampers active fit, sorted. Now that doesn't work, we went up from 4 maxi + to size 5 in tesco just at night. Now that isn't working. What else can I try please? Someone suggested re-useable nappy cover? I'm not sure what that is or what to buy to try it. I just cannot handle anymore washing, or early wakings where he wont go back to sleep!!

Thanks all,

RoyMum

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now