Theo - yes or no

(60 Posts)
Frasersmum123 Tue 03-Feb-09 13:29:34

What do people think of Theo, and what middle name would you put with it?

I like Theo Joseph, but im not blown away by it.

bluebump Tue 03-Feb-09 13:41:08

Well I have a Theo so I say yes and i'll ignore any bad comments that may come further down! We have a Theo Harry Ethan (long story as to why so many middle names..) so his initial are THE and his surname is an animal which is always a talking point, especially as we were the only ones not to twig this as we'd not written it down before we decided on it! smile

violethill Tue 03-Feb-09 13:41:59

Theo is great as an abbreviation but isn't a name in its own right - it's short for Theodore.

Nice though

GossipMonger Tue 03-Feb-09 13:42:43

Love it.

Wanted it for ds2 but DH vetoed it.

Theo David

Theo John

Theo Michael

Theo Benjamin

Theo Anthony

Lots go with Theo. smile

Leo9 Tue 03-Feb-09 13:43:18

Lovely name.

Theo Edward?
Theo James?
Theo William?

I think 'traditional' middle names sound nice. Though TBH I wouldn't bother with a middle name unless you use a family one or find one you absolutely love.

PoloPlayingMummy Tue 03-Feb-09 13:44:32

I think it's a lovely name! Think it's become a name in it's own right tbh, a bit like Harry

I love it too - dd2 would have been Theo if she'd been a boy.

kayzr Tue 03-Feb-09 14:34:59

I love it too.

We were going to call DS2 Dylan George Theo but it was a bit of a long name. But it is on our list if we have another boy.

It's the best name ever,but I am biased grin

violethill - it is a name in it's own right, obviously it is a diminutive but by use has become a stand alone name I reckon...Theodore or worse Theobald don't do it for me...
most lovely is when French people pronounce the name

NonStopChatter Tue 03-Feb-09 14:41:46

Is it pronounced T-O or TH-O?

gingertoo Tue 03-Feb-09 14:42:17

Really lovely name. DS has a Theo in his class. The only downside I've noticed is that a few of his classmates called him 'Feo' due to problems with the 'th' sound. Suppose that can happen with loads of names tho.

Wolfblass Tue 03-Feb-09 14:43:41

I belive it would be pronounced Thee-O?

Maybe i am wrong?

I think it's lovely!

Theo Lewis
Theo Joseph
Theo James
Theo William
Theo George

Thee O but Tay o in French...

jellybeans Tue 03-Feb-09 15:04:04

I love it

Amandoh Tue 03-Feb-09 15:12:03

My DS3 is a Theo so a yes vote from me. He's often complimented on his name.

We plumped for the full version of Theodore on his birth certificate but we've never called him that. Actually (Cring alert!) I recall calling him "Theodorable" a few times when he was smaller. I was sleep deprived, ok!

blush

thumbwitch Tue 03-Feb-09 15:13:09

I like Theodore --> Theo, or Teddy.

I have a Theo, and he is just Theo, not Theodore.
I wanted his middle name to be Alexander, because I thought they went well, but agreed to him having his dads name instead, so he is Theo Kamran.
Wish I hadn't now, as his dad hasn't seen him for 6 years.

Ted or Teddy is cute too !

RachieB Tue 03-Feb-09 16:43:31

love love love it
(bit not Theodore!)

BonsoirAnna Tue 03-Feb-09 16:44:53

Nice, but very, very popular in France. So I wouldn't use it myself.

suwoo Tue 03-Feb-09 16:52:16

I love it and really wanted it for this pg, but like gingertoo mentioned further up the thread, DH can't say TH and would pronounce it Feo too lazy bastard wink.

Wheelybug Tue 03-Feb-09 16:56:37

I really like it and wanted it for a boy if current bump is a boy but apparently it has got really popular because of some footballer which put me right of it. Nice name though !

CornBreadQueen Tue 03-Feb-09 16:58:38

i absolutely love the name Theo but DH hates it because it's the name a kid that beat him up when he was 6 sad

MrsMattie Tue 03-Feb-09 17:03:57

DD would probably have been Theo if she'd been a boy. DH did have slight 'Walcott' fears - 'it's gonna be very popular, innit?' I think he said. But it's a lovely name, and I don't agree at all that you have to use Theodore. Leo is originally short for Leonard, but you wouldn't, would you? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now