Milo - Boys name?

(53 Posts)
tessofthedurbervilles Tue 09-Dec-08 12:57:31

I like it - please be honest.....!

GeordieCherry Mon 04-Feb-13 08:39:26

Love it!

CruCru Mon 04-Feb-13 08:38:10

Well, I don't know whether DC2 will be a boy or a girl. Also, DH probably won't go for it. However, he is quite a fan of Boris Johnson so I'll tell him that it was good enough for Boris's son.

cafecito Mon 04-Feb-13 02:12:23

I like it

NatashaBee Mon 04-Feb-13 02:02:50

I know an adorable Milo, the name has grown on me since meeting him.

ripsishere Mon 04-Feb-13 01:15:06

I like it, and the chocolate drink. If you move to forrin parts you won't even have to worry about buying him cups or plates with his name on.

It's what you like. Don't worry what anyone else thinks.

(Have a DN Milo. Wasn't keen on it at first but love it now. Can't imagine him being called anything else)

ZenNudist Mon 04-Feb-13 00:21:28

Worst
Name
Ever

Scotsgirl79 Mon 04-Feb-13 00:18:45

Like Milo a lot.

tootssweet Sun 03-Feb-13 23:43:52

My ds is a Milo & he does not make think of a dog; a chocolate drink or a tweenie. grin It's a lovely name with a good meaning if you think it suits your baby then go for it! Obviously the Sweet family think it's fab (& we don't own a bugaboo!)

piglet75 Sun 03-Feb-13 23:30:53

I have a Milo! It had always been my no 1 boys name but we ended up calling DS1 another name for various reasons. I love it & like someone else said, I found Miles too stuffy. I think Milo is a really strong masculine name - it means soldier in latin.
A couple of people have asked if I was bothered about the Tweenies connection but I think once people associate the name with a real person the tweenies/ drink connection fades. There are so many reasons not to choose any name - just follow your heart!

emjan Sun 03-Feb-13 23:23:45

It reminds me of the drink Milo and usually a name in pets

Norem Sun 03-Feb-13 20:39:08

Love it, love it

sparkina Sun 03-Feb-13 20:24:23

Love it. X

BeanstalkandBump Sun 03-Feb-13 20:05:24

The Tweenies wouldn't put me off. There's an engine in Thomas the Tank Engine with just about every traditional English name you could think of. Also, don't think Harry Potter has decreased the number of Harrys born.

If you love it use it.

MadameJosephine Sun 03-Feb-13 19:30:41

Love it! Unfortunately teenage DS nicked it for his cornsnake so it'll never be used for a sibling

My sister's ds is called Milo - our grandmother made us the chocolate drink as children, this just made it an even better name! Very cute on a baby.

I have a nephew Milo. He is awesome.
I love it.

mamapants Sun 03-Feb-13 19:18:50

Love it, also like the Miles suggestion. Whatever name you choose will just become 'your son' and any tweenies or drinks will never enter your head.

usualsuspect Sun 03-Feb-13 19:11:07

I love it,very cool name

minimoonumbertwo Sun 03-Feb-13 19:03:40

We have a Milo! I was aware of both the tweenies & the drink (my dad has it every night!!) before he was born but they didn't put me off as it's such a fab name. I do really like dog names for boys though and really struggled with a name for ds2 which wouldn't sound like I was shouting for two dogs in the park!! funnily enough though dh & I were commenting today how very like dogs they both are!! Go for it!!!

I also know lots of dogs called Milo. Would expect a dog rather than a child to come running in the park when called.

Think Miles, with Milo as a nickname would be ok though.

MidnightMasquerader Sun 03-Feb-13 18:56:13

Yes, Miles is a very different name, association- and connotation-wise. Milo is nicer.

rosieposey - Milo and Casper is such a cute combination!

I've heard of the Tweenies, but don't know enough about them to get the connection. I doubt it will matter in a few years. Didn't they stop making it a while ago?

rosieposey Sun 03-Feb-13 18:45:55

I have a Milo, it's a great name that suits across various ages and it really suits him. I found Miles a bit stuffy and Milo was quite close plus i dont think it's a really well known drink in the UK so I was happy to use it. As for the Tweenies connection they aren't that popular anymore and it's possible in 10 years no one will remember them...

Use the name YOU like, I just had another DS 9 weeks ago and called him Caspar and got a lot of ' the friendly ghost' connotations from people but I just liked it regardless and it suits him beautifully.

IncognitoIsMyFavouriteWord Sun 03-Feb-13 18:34:50

my neighbours dog is called milo.

Its right for a dog or a tweenie sorry

Panzee Sun 03-Feb-13 18:32:29

Fabarooneey!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now