What do you think of Mikey Edward and Mia Rose?

(67 Posts)
HenD19 Sat 09-Mar-13 16:01:43

Not sure if Edward sounds too traditional with Mikey but it is my fil's middle name and would like to use it as his first name definitely doesn't fit.

timtam23 Tue 12-Mar-13 22:30:44

I know a Mikey (aged 5) but I think his full name is Michael.

twinklestar2 Tue 12-Mar-13 20:38:50

Mia Elizabeth is lovely!

I like Jackson out of your choices.

strawberryswing Tue 12-Mar-13 09:40:16

Not keen on Mikey but I love Jude, Max and George.

tigerdriverll My Georgia is a Georgie porgy pudding and pie too grin

Mias not to my taste but its fine as a name, love the Mia Elizabeth suggestion.

toobreathless Tue 12-Mar-13 00:04:43

Michael lovely. Mikey urgh! I really dislike it sorry. Agree use Michael Edward
and the nn Mikey.

Mia ok, two a penny round here & not my cup of tea but nothing wrong with it. Rose ok but over used and faddy as a MN like Mae.

I would go for a longer MN with Mia.

Mia Elizabeth
Mia Abigail
Mia Beatrice
Mia Florence
Mia Rosalind

nectarini1983 Mon 11-Mar-13 21:47:06

Mia is lovely but Rose is so boring and predictable.

I don't like Mikey as a stand alone name...definitely a nn.

tigerdriverII Mon 11-Mar-13 21:42:40

Btw, he is no longer Georgie. But occasionally he's GPP and P. aka Georgie porgy pudding and pie.

tigerdriverII Mon 11-Mar-13 21:40:38

I have a George. It's a very timeless name with lots or or no associations. You can shorten it to "jaw", which we had for a while. We now have a new nickname but not telling as it might out me (and DS). It is based on his real name, loosely.

WormCanner Mon 11-Mar-13 13:32:13

So you like Jude? What about Judy then? Makes as much sense as "Mikey".

I do know a grown-up Mikey, as it happens, but his name is Michael and he is only Mikey to close friends and family. His g/f calls him Mike.

forgetmenots Mon 11-Mar-13 13:00:41

Definitely Max or Jackson from you list to go with Mario I'd say OP. without outing yourself, what kind of feel does your DD's name have?

MerylStrop Mon 11-Mar-13 12:58:22

Michael, with Mikey as nn
Edward Michael, with Mikey as nn

I like Mikey. As with all these things it ain't what you wear but the way that you wear it.

I think Mia Rose is a bit bland, if I am brutally honest. Both names are nice, but I think either needs something with a bit of an edge. Which Mario has.

HenD19 Mon 11-Mar-13 12:53:15

Jax, Jackson, Jude, Max, George.....not really loving any boys names as much as girls though.

FriggFRIGGisPoorlySick Mon 11-Mar-13 09:42:28

Mario and Mickey is beyond awful as a sibling 'set'.

Mario,although not my taste, is a decent name,not a nick name,it works for an adult etc.

Can you give us some other names you and your DP liked? Maybe we could give some suggestions you might both like based on those you like separately.

forgetmenots Mon 11-Mar-13 09:24:28

Trying to think of some more M names for you - Miles, Milo, Mark, Marcus, Merlin, Max?

Mario and Milo or Mario and Max are cute I think!

HenD19 Mon 11-Mar-13 09:18:38

No not just m names as my daughter is an E one. Feel drawn to m names though for sum reason? It would definitely not be Michael and don't like Micah so think it may be back to the drawing board again

ifancyashandy Mon 11-Mar-13 08:27:18

Mikey is the name Kat & Alfie would give their second child (if they had one!). Awful.

Michael is much better. Mia Rose is ok - bit twee for my taste but I've heard much worse. Mario is ok.

sw11mumofone Mon 11-Mar-13 08:21:27

I also think Mikey is dreadful. Not even cute for a baby or small child.
However i love Mario. I think its very cool and a bit different without being ridiculous.
I think if you go ahead with Mikey it also takes the coolness out of Mario. Mario and Mikey just sounds silly.
Im not a big fan of giving all your kids names with the same letter. Especially if it goes for the parents as well. A bit naff imo.

Umlauf Mon 11-Mar-13 08:04:34

I know a young adult Mikey, he is from a very posh family and too sweet and gentle to be a Mike. He is training to be a doctor and has chosen Michael for his name badge at work, so having it on the bc is a good option I think. It does give the child more choice.

I do like the name Mikey though, but maybe because I associate it with the lovely one I know!

HDEE Mon 11-Mar-13 07:43:33

Are you limiting your choices to just M names?

Glaikit Mon 11-Mar-13 07:35:04

What about Micah if Michael doesn't do it for you? It sits well with Mario which I love btw!

or you could go for luigi grin

forgetmenots Mon 11-Mar-13 07:22:54

Much prefer Mario! smile And don't mind Mikey if it's a nn when he is little, but wouldn't call him that alone with no other option (would say the same about Mickey, Mick or Mike).

Mikey is an infantilising nickname. Cute(ish) for a child, awful for an adult man.

exoticfruits Mon 11-Mar-13 07:13:30

Michael is a lovely name- why not use it?

exoticfruits Mon 11-Mar-13 07:12:44

I would have Edward and Rose and drop the rest.

Sorry,no. Mario is a name, Mikey isn't.

HenD19 Mon 11-Mar-13 06:48:40

So let me get this right.....the Mumsnet massive don't like Mikey?? Gutted as liked the name and haven't really found another boys name DH and I agree on. I like Jude but my husband's not keen. I'll be really, really brave so don't be too unkind and share my other DS's name....he's called Mario. No Italian connection but it is my husband's nickname. Does that make calling DS2 (if it is a DS) Mikey more viable?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now