Names you can picture on any age?

(33 Posts)
Thisisaname Tue 26-Feb-13 03:21:00

JW what names you think can suit any age? For example I would be (pleasantly) suprised to meet a baby named Doris but not an adult named Jane IYSWIM?

MsAkimbo Wed 27-Feb-13 18:15:34

I chose Abigail for that reason. For a boy, Charles.

PuddingWhine Wed 27-Feb-13 18:45:00

Kate
Beth
Emma
Susie (maybe)
Rachel
Juliet
Anna

PuddingWhine Wed 27-Feb-13 18:47:25

I know 3 women with my daughter's name and two men with my son's name. in their school neither of them shares a name with another child in the school. But I don't think their names sound dated. They're not Debbie and Steve!

manicinsomniac Brazil Wed 27-Feb-13 18:54:45

In my daughter's year at school there are several girls with the same names as the girls in my year at school had. So I tend to think of them as age-less.
We have:

Rachel
Sarah
Amy
Emma
Rebecca
Emily
Gemma
Lucy
Katie

I think there are far more age-less boys names simply because boys tend to be names from a much smaller pool of names to start with. So, apart from the more trendy or American style names and the very old fashioned, I think you could class most boys names as age-less.

Ones we have at school:

Adam
James
Edward
George
Thomas
Matthew
Christopher
Peter
Ben
William
Charles
Daniel
Samuel
Simon
Stephen
Robin

PuddingWhine Wed 27-Feb-13 18:59:09

There are a lot of dated names in my son's class, so i wonder if there is a fashion for anti-fashion

exoticfruits Wed 27-Feb-13 19:05:15

It is the classic names that don't date-that is why I like them.

happyhorse Wed 27-Feb-13 19:17:35

I have a Luke, which must be a classic name as it's in the bible, but I've never come across any older men with the name so find it difficult to picture an old Luke.

OkayHazel Fri 01-Mar-13 17:09:13

Cannot wait until (Though I won't be here) all the grannys are Daisy-May and Lily-Rose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now