Seren/Quinn/Lauren? Other DD names ending in 'n'?

(20 Posts)
sleeplessinderbyshire Thu 21-Feb-13 17:22:14

Bethan
Rhiannon
Eirian
Seren
Gwennan
Elin
(if you are going for the Welsh names)

otherwise:

Imogen
Robyn
Erin

Bakingtins Thu 21-Feb-13 16:49:08

I like Lauren, but there are three in my DS's class of 30 kids. Might be a local thing though.

mirrorman Thu 21-Feb-13 16:45:34

Our last name has S's and M's, so Simone becomes a bit of a tongue-twister! Lauren, Karen and Bethan seem to be the frontrunners - or the latest idea is to call her something ending in N that can be shortened, like Cora(line) or something-Jane.

Gimmeechocolate - I think we're afraid she's already a bit left out because the older two are twins, so we don't want to leave her out of the naming tradition too. We might for the perfect name, but we haven't seen one that's worth it yet!

Gimmeechocolate Wed 20-Feb-13 20:57:07

I would break from tradition and go for a name that doesn't end in n

shoppingtrolley Wed 20-Feb-13 20:30:55

Honestly never met a baby called Lauren. I love it you should use it.
If not then what about Ellen? or Robyn.

Rhubarbgarden Wed 20-Feb-13 20:26:58

Simone? Ds would have been this if he'd been a girl. I love it.

mirrorman Wed 20-Feb-13 14:59:31

Wow - thanks so much for all the suggestions!

I'm taking Jasmine, Carmen, Madeline, Karen and Bethan to DP for consideration. There are lots more here that I like, but she prefers the slightly more traditional names, so they seem the best compromises. She's also not keen on difficult spellings, as her name is commonly spelt several ways so she's constantly correcting people.

Welly558 - one of my close friends is a male Robin - I really like it spelt Robyn for a girl, but think it would be too much like naming her after someone.

Umlauf - I knew the slang but hadn't even considered that - not sure I could call her Quinn in good conscience now!

Will let you know what DP thinks of those suggestions - in the meantime, does anyone know of any families that name ending in N's, or any other sets of names with the same start/ending/length/sound? We're going back and forth on where the line lies between familial and twee...

squoosh Wed 20-Feb-13 11:00:08

I cannot get on board with Quinn as a first name at all!

Umlauf Wed 20-Feb-13 09:00:54

I used to love Quinn but then someone on here said it reminded them of quim as when written the two ns look like an m. I didn't know what quim meant but when asked my DH he said 'twas slang for ladybits. :-( just a warning just in case!

saffronwblue Wed 20-Feb-13 03:49:24

Finn
Flynn
Ellen
Karen

SuckingDiesel Wed 20-Feb-13 03:21:21

Rowan
Morgan
Coleen
Aileen
Gillian
Joan
Imogen

Lollybrolly Wed 20-Feb-13 02:55:37

Saffron
Aileen
Jean
Siobhan
Imogen
Madeline
Vivien
Carmen
Juliann
Fabienne
Justine
Alison
Susan
Ottoline
Jolene
Gwen
Yasmin
Jasmine
Tamsin
Yvonne
Peyton
Sharon
Emmalene
Lucien/Lucian
Fern
Madison
Suellen
Jacquelyn
Jaclyb
Jocelyn
Tiegan
Eden
Marne
Bethan
Gretchen
Lynn
Kristen
Dawn
Marion
Marilyn
Bronwen
Caitrin
Caitlyn/Katelyn
Keren

Welly558 Wed 20-Feb-13 01:38:00

Robyn/Robin is pretty I think.

Greensleeves Wed 20-Feb-13 01:27:28

Gillian
Karin
Marian
Ffion
Brogan
Regan
Morgan
Anne
Susan

Bearandcub Wed 20-Feb-13 01:24:37

Kirsten
Kristen
Bethan
Helen
Meryn
Erin
Doreen wink

Greensleeves Wed 20-Feb-13 01:17:16

Sian
Rowan
Raine
Bethan
Erin

Greensleeves Wed 20-Feb-13 01:15:32

Arwen
Helen
Karen
Mirren
Merryn
Celyn
Maureen
Eileen
Shannon
Siobhan
Lilian

iheartmycat Wed 20-Feb-13 01:11:50

Loren (pronounced like the actress)
Fern
Keren
Mirrin
Erin
Aileen
Helen
Rhian
Rhiannon
Elin
Kirsten

deleted203 Wed 20-Feb-13 00:13:29

Not Seren. I can't help myself from saying, 'Geti' on the end of it grin. It just doesn't sound like a 'whole' name somehow.

I like Quinn though.

Lauren's a bit too common. (As in, lots of them - rather than rough!)

mirrorman Wed 20-Feb-13 00:10:56

DP and I both have names ending in 'N', and decided in our naivety to name our twins the same way, so now we have Aaron and Megan. And now we're expecting our third (unexpected), and have somewhat run out of 'N'-finishing names we're keen on.

Current choices are Seren, Quinn and Lauren. Not sure about any of them. Open to votes or other suggestions! And wouldn't mind advice - do you think it would be alright to give this one a different-ending name, or is it likely to stand out at some stage?

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now