How far can you go with middle names?

(30 Posts)
BananaHammocks Mon 18-Feb-13 22:34:56

When people ask for opinions on names that others consider too 'out there' I've noticed people often suggest using it as a middle name, so was wondering what names would you consider or have used as middles names that you wouldn't use as a first name? Do middle names not count in the 'high court judge test'? Just asking because I quite like Bluebell as a middle name, but will probably wimp out and go with a family name!

deleted203 Wed 20-Feb-13 01:03:10

On the other hand my mother (aged 73) is still moaning about the fact that she doesn't have a middle name! She feels cheated by this. We've told her she has to use 'H' like Harry H Corbett who, when asked, said it stood for 'Hanything!'...

My mum doesn't have a middle name either as she was the last of five girls and they had run out by then!!

ellesabe Fri 22-Feb-13 21:07:03

My dd2's middle name is Delilah. Dh wanted it as a first name but I said no! I ideally wanted a more traditional middle name because her first name is also quite uncommon but seeing as the first name was mainly my choice, we went with Delilah as a middle name to keep dh happy smile

CruCru Sat 23-Feb-13 15:00:14

I know a little girl with Rainbow as her middle name.

Startail Sat 23-Feb-13 22:50:42

I love to be common first name Rainbow, instead of common first name, mother's name I don't like.

I love rainbows and have seen it as a Surname.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now