Right. Give me the negatives for Josephine...

(23 Posts)
weeblueberry Fri 08-Feb-13 15:12:47

I'm prepared. Let me have it.

Why do you hate it?

namchan Fri 08-Feb-13 15:14:02

Sorry, I love the name Josephine. Love Josie too!

weeblueberry Fri 08-Feb-13 15:16:17

So do I! blush

I love pretty much al the shortened versions but want to hear potential downsides and nicknames I might not have considered...

Lostonthemoors Fri 08-Feb-13 15:17:23

Love it!

Nicknames:

Josie
Joey
Jo-Jo
Fifi

MrsKwazii Fri 08-Feb-13 15:17:32

Not tonight wink

botandhothered Fri 08-Feb-13 15:19:54

My middle name. I like it!

Artigene Fri 08-Feb-13 15:20:40

Love it. I''m not mad keen on Josie which sounds v 80s to me but I love Joey, JoJo, Jo, Joss etc.

booge Fri 08-Feb-13 15:26:40

I like it, I used to wish I was a Josephine.

Bearandcub Fri 08-Feb-13 15:27:27

None - it's great.

WhichIsBest Fri 08-Feb-13 15:43:01

I am scraping the barrel but how about "It's quite long when you are learning to write your name"?
That's al I can come up with. Great name.

It's a lovely name - and all the shortened versions.

I am a josephine and I am fabulous! wink

Greensleeves Fri 08-Feb-13 15:48:40

I love Josephine. It's beautiful, classic, not frilly and has lots of diminutives to choose from.

I knew a really gorgeous German girl called Josefina, she was Fina for short. Really pretty.

weeblueberry Fri 08-Feb-13 15:52:07

Awww you ladies aren't helping. wink

I really do love it. And I like all the shortened versions too which is almost unheard of.

I did consider the long name part WhichIsBest but strongly suspect by the time she comes to write it she'll probably be known as something shorter. smile

scripsi Fri 08-Feb-13 15:52:08

Love it, friend of mine from school is a beautiful and clever Josie.

McKayz Fri 08-Feb-13 15:53:07

I love it. Can't think of a single negative.

CaseyShraeger Fri 08-Feb-13 15:54:13

I really like Josephine. One of my DDs has it as a middle name but I like it as a first name. The only downsides I can think of are getting a lifetime full of "Not tonight, Josephine" jokes and that Josie has the "Josie Grossie" nickname (and I wouldn't have thought of that myself, but it was in that Drew Barrymore movie).

I can't help but think of the terrorvision song.

I do think it's a really pretty name though.

RedJeans Fri 08-Feb-13 15:55:40

I have always been very biased about Josephine because I knew a terrifying girl called Josie in Primary school.

However this thread has made me change my mind and realise that its actually a rather lovely name smile go for it OP!

I was called Josie grosie in school and also Josie jump or Josie and the pussycats but kids will come up with something no matter what the name is. I like being the only person I know with my name and have only ever met one other Josie.

farmersdaugther Fri 08-Feb-13 21:49:55

Only is you give her the nn Posy...smile

Love love love

Devora Fri 08-Feb-13 21:57:04

Lovely name

No major negatives. If she's known as Jo it will be an absolute breeze when she learns to spell her name! Lots of nice diminutives. Not tonight is the only downside and it's not a biggie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now