boys names for cool boys?

(131 Posts)
MyFriendGoo Tue 15-Jan-13 15:58:18

DH and I are totally stuck- he thinks my choices are boring (Henry, Barnaby, Max) but his choices are too out there for me (Milo, Jobie, Amos). We've agreed we want a name that shows a bit of spark and individuality, but we need a middle ground! Thoughts?

I always liked Jolyon after watching the Forsyte Saga. DD2 would have been Jonah if she'd been a boy which I think is very cool.

I work in a nursery and 'classic' names are really popular, we have several girls named Ava for example. When I was pregnant I downloaded the Scottish registrars list to see what names were registered last year. Good way to find new names too smile

LittleDonkin Sun 20-Jan-13 19:47:19

After reading through this thread my favourite name in the world has been mentioned umpteen times! I have loved the name Xander since I was a teenager (I watched far too much Buffy!). Do you think it "goes" with my surname which is the 2nd half of my username, I dont know if it does with the der and don sounds. What do you think? (Sorry to hijack thread!)

carameldecaflatte Sun 20-Jan-13 19:58:32

Felix. I must admit to being rather biased. It means fortunate/happy.
DH vetoed Milo, Arlo, Max and Ted.

evamummy Sun 20-Jan-13 22:01:35

serin, I don't think kids would find Sebastian, Mungo or Florian that odd. I also don't think you need to be a 'strong character' to have an unusual name.

There are so many names used these days, from different cultures (e.g. Florian is a top 10 German name) that most kids are more open minded than some of us smile.

amck5700 Sun 20-Jan-13 22:42:56

Whilst I agree that a lot of the names people have said that are cool don't sound cool to me, I also agree that kids don't really bother about names too much. My son had a girl called Santa in his class for a while and he didn't even think that was odd, it was just her name.....and he was age 10/11 at the time.

evamummy Mon 21-Jan-13 07:30:22

Absolutely. Unless the name is Poopoohead or Willy, most kids just accept a name for what it is, what their mates are called. We've got so many different names at our school, from all cultures that the kids seem pretty open minded about different names.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now