Final decision made- could you Please give your very honest views??

(73 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Mon 14-Jan-13 17:21:22

Hi all due very soon having a girl- we have finally agreed on a name I liked very old-fashioned names my partner does not but we have finally agreed on ...............Georgia Elizabeth.
Can I ask what is your opinion?
Do you think Georgia is chavvy?
Thanks for any feedback

echidnakid Wed 16-Jan-13 01:32:18

Georgia is okay, Georgina is better and I love George for short. Elizabeth is lovely.

Catchingmockingbirds Wed 16-Jan-13 01:36:46

I don't think it's chavvy but I don't like it tbh.

moreyear Wed 16-Jan-13 01:42:01

I find it a little 1990's but if you love it that is all that matters.

Trinpy Wed 16-Jan-13 13:32:36

I think of it as being a bit chavvy, but only because I went to school with a Georgia who was a bit chavvy! I can see how it would sound like a nice name to others who don't have that connection. And George/Georgie are cute as nns.

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 16-Jan-13 18:22:28

Thanks for all the feedback it's been useful- and I'm sure about the name, I was wobbling a bit - its such a huge decision! But she's gonna be a little Georgia for sure smile

LPplusOne Wed 16-Jan-13 18:35:45

well decided, Wish - congratulations on your DD-to-be and her gorgeous name!

MerryMarigold Wed 16-Jan-13 18:38:29

Georgiana is really one of the ugliest names I ever heard! Georgia is nice and so is Georgette and both great with Elizabeth.

Allalonenow Wed 16-Jan-13 18:47:01

I like Georgia, though I do like Georgiana better, and Georgina not at all. I also think the combination with Elizabeth is lovely.

I didn't think of the connection with the US state, though I did think of the Eastern European country, but I don't think either of those matter.

Greensleeves Wed 16-Jan-13 19:03:24

Is Georgiana pronounced Geor-jayne-a then?

my mother always said it was Geor-jar-na

I love Georgia Elizabeth by the way smile

Coconutty Wed 16-Jan-13 20:30:29

My niece is pronounced George e ah na

scarecrow22 Wed 16-Jan-13 22:07:14

When you see LO you'll know if it's right smile

Thewhingingdefective Wed 16-Jan-13 22:10:31

I think Georgia Elizabeth is a great name. smile

diavlo Wed 16-Jan-13 22:20:31

I like it. I work in a very posh public school and have come accross a few 'rah' Georgia's, so not at all chavvy!

I like it. I don't think it is chavvy. I taught a Georgia, she was very attractive and had a lovely personality, so it reminds me of her.

strawberryswing Wed 16-Jan-13 23:14:06

My dd is Georgia. People tried to persuade me to choose Georgina or Georgiana instead, but i prefer Georgia and so glad I stuck with it. Listen to your own opinions and nobody elses smile

Obviously Im biased but it is no way chavvy, its beautiful.

Britchic Thu 17-Jan-13 02:04:28

One of my best friends is Georgia (nn Georgie) - she's beautiful, clever, and amazing, so I associate the name with those qualities. Not in the least bit chavvy!

Well done for making a decision op.

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Thu 17-Jan-13 12:40:11

Beautiful!

monkeynumberthree Thu 17-Jan-13 13:09:53

Georgia is a beautiful, elegant name! And it makes me think of a lovely, wistful song called Georgia On My Mind. Great choice OP.

mrs2mic Thu 17-Jan-13 14:28:10

Georgia is lovely

CastingNasturtiums Thu 17-Jan-13 14:34:37

Love it.

nextbaby666 Mon 21-Jan-13 17:48:59

I have a Georgia, I love the name. She is only 2 and a half and corrects anyone who calls her George or Georgie! I don't think it's chavvy at all.

legallyblond Mon 21-Jan-13 22:20:15

I love Georgia. It will only be chavvy if you are! Lovely name if you ask me!

MotherOfFeralChild Mon 21-Jan-13 22:34:33

When naming my dd, there were certain names that reminded me of vile little creatures that I once taught. I have only taught one or two Georgias and they have all been delightful. Go for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now