Isobel, Annabel or Keeva?

(34 Posts)
angeltattoo Thu 10-Jan-13 09:23:53

Expecting a baby girl in April and this is my current shortlist.

I love Isobel, but am concerned about how popular it is. Annabel would be a nod to my mum's name so a potential compromise. I also love Caoimhe (irish name, pronounced Keeva) so I suppose the question is...

... Would you rather be one of 20 3 Isobels in your class, or have a name you have to spell out for people every day of your life? grin

Thoughts appreciated!

atthewelles Fri 11-Jan-13 11:09:12

Caoimhe is actually pronounced 'Kweeva' not 'Keeva'.

wigglesrock Fri 11-Jan-13 12:09:54

atthewelles Its pronounced Keeva where I live, in NI. Always has been , I went to school with quite a few.

Caoimhe is a lovely name but I love Isobel, always have done. I'm a bit meh about Annabel but I love Anna.

Minty82 Fri 11-Jan-13 16:55:03

I absolutely love Caoimhe, and would have had it on my list but I'm not quite Irish enough to get away with it. The other two are pretty, but Caoimhe's one of my all-time favourites.

thegreylady Fri 11-Jan-13 16:57:45

All lovely but Annabel is my favourite

DitzyDonkeySillyMonkey Fri 11-Jan-13 17:48:07

I'm Irish and Caimhe is NOT pronounced Keeva.....it's Kwee Va. it's super popular in Ireland!

emblosion Fri 11-Jan-13 23:41:39

It's 'Keeva' in the North, 'Kweeva' down south I think.

I really like it fwiw but dh has vetoed because he has trouble spelling it (we're in NI)

angeltattoo Sat 12-Jan-13 12:24:50

Thank all and trills

Surname is English and easy to spell, that's one of the reasons I fancied an English name, as I changed my lovely Irish name when we got married.

angeltattoo Sat 12-Jan-13 12:25:18

Irish surname

angeltattoo Sat 12-Jan-13 14:18:36

Bloody hell. Fancied an Irish first name for her, as my Husband's (and now mine) surname is English.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now