Team Blue (found out yesterday) and picked name!

(47 Posts)
Trishstar Wed 28-Nov-12 16:16:11

Think we have decided on Hunter Isaac and my OH surname is Jukes. Isaac is from my dads side xxx

Opinions x

Other first names in the shortlist are Gabriel, Xavier, and Xander

Xxxx

Trishstar Thu 06-Dec-12 13:23:15

Thanks ladies xxxx

toobreathless Thu 06-Dec-12 13:13:37

Hello fellow April bod trishstar

I Love Hunter Issac, prefer it to your other three names.

LadyMetroland Thu 06-Dec-12 12:40:41

I quite like it actually (and I normally like traditional more names).

The only thing is that he'll have to have a strong personality to carry it off when he reaches school. If he's a quiet boy with glasses who likes books then his name might seem a bit of a joke.

Trishstar Wed 05-Dec-12 23:32:48

We like it in the biblical sense and how it was meant from that point of view, also the name has strong links with Isaac in the Bible too.

Greythorne Wed 05-Dec-12 07:22:24

Devisive

Greythorne Wed 05-Dec-12 07:21:54

When you hunt something, you plan to kill it.

When the police are looking for a serial killer, it's called a manhunt.

There's a scary book about serial killer Hannibal Lechter called 'Manhunter'

In Literarure, the people termed hunters are universally reviled by local indigenous peoples.

Fox hunting is one of the most decisive issues of the day.

What is it, OP, that you like about the name Hunter?

Trishstar Wed 05-Dec-12 07:11:52

Not American just love those names!

Thanks!! x

TheCatInTheHairnet Wed 05-Dec-12 02:17:15

And now I've read the surname...Hunter Jukes is an AWESOME name!!

TheCatInTheHairnet Wed 05-Dec-12 02:16:09

Are you American? Because both Skylar and Hunter are very typical American names. I like them both.

OkayHazel Wed 05-Dec-12 01:53:19

Hunter Jukes is such a strong, powerful name. I love it. If a man introduced himself to me in a bar with that name I'd take notice.

Jemma1111 Sun 02-Dec-12 09:04:22

Op, I'm all for choosing a name that is unusual , but there are thousands of different names you could pick surely ?.

You and your OH may both love it but I honestly think your child will get ribbed relentlessly should you inflict this name on him. Hunter Jukes sounds like a wild west cowboy to me , its awful , sorry .

Another thing , I think the name would only suit someone if they grew up to be a boxer , cowboy , wrestler etc .
How about give it as a middle name and then its up to your child in the future if he wants to be known by it .

Trishstar Sun 02-Dec-12 08:56:08

I haven't told many IRL, only family and a couple of our best friends!

RooneyMara Sun 02-Dec-12 08:42:34

Soupy I agree - no one says Oh how awful once you've decided - however I decided totally this time at about 26 weeks, and since then have told anyone who asks, because tbh it's unusual and they will have to get used to it!

They know I am certain though and so no one has been rude. It's all in the way you say it wink

SoupDragon Sun 02-Dec-12 08:25:32

It's unusual for someone to tell you anything negative about the name when faced by an actual baby named it.

SoupDragon Sun 02-Dec-12 08:24:30

See, I didn't tell anyone the names of my three children. I was happy with them, they weren't up for debate and that was that smile No one found out 'til the birth announcement.

Trishstar Sun 02-Dec-12 08:13:17

I know! Our friends who are expecting 5 weeks before us are also having a boy but cannot agree at all!

RooneyMara Sun 02-Dec-12 08:07:22

That's fair enough. No one posts on here hoping that the response will be entirely negative. We all want people to say, Oh what a brilliant name.

And a lot of people have liked your chosen name so that's kind of as good as it gets! Go for it - you're lucky to have found something you really like and can agree on.

Trishstar Sat 01-Dec-12 22:22:34

Didn't mean that in a sarcastic way, just meant we like things that are different!

Trishstar Sat 01-Dec-12 20:47:44

I didn't put it on here for approval, just posted it cos everybody else does!

There are enough Harry's, Jack's and Charlie's etc. we just want something that isn't ten a penny.

RooneyMara Sat 01-Dec-12 18:32:11

I like your other names more.

RooneyMara Sat 01-Dec-12 18:31:30

I quite like Hunter but only in theory - if it was someone I knew I'd be a bit hmm about it I think.

Also people might well think he's named after the trendy wellies.

(btw - don't worry about putting loads of xxx in your posts...no one will hate you if you don't smile)

SoupDragon Sat 01-Dec-12 18:27:33

Why are you asking for opinions confused If you love it despite most other people hating it ... confused

Trishstar Sat 01-Dec-12 18:25:12

Thanks for the feedback ladies, we love hunter and are still using it but I appreciate not everyone will agree!

bluebayou Sat 01-Dec-12 15:13:00

I like Gabriel

Isaac and Gabriel are both lovely. Hunter, imho, is horrible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now