Waswondering Tue 27-Nov-12 22:17:54

Campbell?

baskingseals Tue 27-Nov-12 22:15:32

Joel?

LittleOne76 Mon 26-Nov-12 22:24:46

Hugo?

kurlyvoice Mon 26-Nov-12 21:34:20

Thanks everyone!

I like Cameron but DH has vetoed for several reasons, including another family member of the same generation having it. Not a great fan of other names-that-could-be-surnames, I have to admit.

I used to like Lawrence, then taught two terrible ones and won't ever get past them! Same with Gregory...

Argh!

Matthew goes well with Alastair.

MrsBungleBear Sun 25-Nov-12 21:01:24

I was coming on to suggest Keir or Cameron. Fraser and Innes are also nice with Alistair?

amck5700 Sun 25-Nov-12 20:57:03

Alastair is my son's middle name, his first name is probably a bit too celtic for your taste - it's Ciar or more commonly Keir. I obviously think they go nicely together smile

Allthesanityinme Sun 25-Nov-12 20:47:34

Alastair is a lovely name, what about

Robin
Caleb
Cameron
Callum
Fraser
Joseph
Jacob

amck5700 Sun 25-Nov-12 19:00:58

Gregory Innes John
Blair Jonathan Jasper
Austin Stewart Leo
Hayden Theodore Joseph
Elliot Joseph Harris

forgetmenots Sun 25-Nov-12 18:57:32

Ooh I like Laurence, does sound very English and traditional - goes well with Alistair too!

Ham69 Sun 25-Nov-12 18:51:06

I nannied for a lovely family a couple of decades ago and always loved the names of the boys I looked after. They were Alistair (middle name James) and Laurence. Gorgeous boys, too.

forgetmenots Sun 25-Nov-12 17:12:58

Definitely Hamish then kurly ;)

How about these for Hadrians Wall compromises that might be nice with Alastair?:
Lewis/Louis
Callum
Farquhar
Findlay
Magnus

I'm not as helpful with traditional English names (my DS list is very like drama's!) but I always imagine royal names: George, Henry, William, Charles, Edward...

kurlyvoice Sun 25-Nov-12 16:18:47

I don't think I'd be allowed any really traditional Scottish names... Shame as there are some lovely ones! Might manage one as a middle name, but probably not first name. DH is definitely NOT Scottish and comes from a very traditional English family...

forgetmenots Sun 25-Nov-12 16:18:32

drama our ds lists are very similar smile

Forgot Fergus and Angus too.
Every boy born at the moment seems to either be Cameron or Logan.

We wanted a scottish boy's name. Our list was:
Struan
Douglas
Gregor
Lachlan
Harris
Andrew
Our bump ended up as dd so we haven't used any of them yet.
Also love Fredrick though.

kurlyvoice Sun 25-Nov-12 15:57:08

Hi pixie! grin

Always happy to indulge the Scot in me...

forgetmenots Sun 25-Nov-12 15:56:32

Can help with Scottish names! Fraser, Cameron, Angus, Lachlan, Malcolm, Stewart for a start?

pixiestix Sun 25-Nov-12 15:43:08

Hello, fancy seeing you here smile smile smile

Frederick is really nice.

I will have a think. Do you like Scottish influenced names?

kurlyvoice Sun 25-Nov-12 15:06:17

Hi everyone,

Am currently 26 weeks with DC2. We still have our girl's name (Madeleine) from choosing DS's, but another boy is proving tricky. We need to sort out two middle names as well (my son's are James and Spencer) hence the panic!

Our surname is a very common monosyllabic name beginning with W, so we don't want monosyllabic first names (at least not as given names).

We have Sebastian and Frederick (nn Freddie) on the list at the moment, but DH is not convinced, so thoughts on those too would be appreciated. We also have about a million nephews/godsons so a lot of lovely classic names are out!

Please help - and thanks! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now