What do you think of Bean?

(59 Posts)
Carolinchina Wed 21-Nov-12 20:29:31

What do you think of Bean as a boy's name? It's listed on Mumsnet's Baby Name Finder.

DorisIsWaiting Mon 03-Dec-12 16:14:18

Um, there is being different -one of a few, and just plain odd. This is the latter.

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Mon 03-Dec-12 16:14:44

A wind-up hopefully surely?

GrimmaTheNome Mon 03-Dec-12 16:30:51

>A wind-up hopefully surely?
thats beans for you....

12ylnon Mon 03-Dec-12 19:57:08

You'd have to be a massive Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love fan.... their daughter was named Frances Bean Cobain. It's fooking stupid.

I think it realy cute............ on a cat, rabbit, hamster small dog or pigmy goat!

SomersetONeil Tue 04-Dec-12 00:44:00

So OP, what you're saying is, you like Bean better than pretty much any other name on the planet.

You think Bean is the best choice out there, and trumps all others? You, yourself, would like to go through life with the name Bean?

Is this what you're actually saying?

TheWholeEnchilada Tue 04-Dec-12 00:52:18

It's horrid for a proper name because it isn't one and it's a lame overused nickname for a foetus or small child.

Just yuck.

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 04-Dec-12 00:56:52

I know a Bean. A chap. Yes it is his real name. Yes, it is on his birth certificate. Yes, people ALWAYS question him about it. No, they can never hide their laughter.

Really, don't do it.

sandberry Tue 04-Dec-12 15:44:13

I once was on a forum with someone who called their daughter Sabean (yes spelled that way) in order to call her Bean day to day, maybe you could do that if a girl. As a middle name, why not? people use all sorts of stupid middle names.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now