So here it is, my girls' list ...

(33 Posts)
georgee Wed 14-Nov-12 11:49:44

What do you think? Good and bad comments please!

Maggie
Iris
Nina
Elsa
Elizabeth (but known as Libby)
Georgina (known as Georgie).

Thank you!

TenthMuse Thu 15-Nov-12 11:56:23

Nina and Elsa are my favourites - both are lovely, but I'm not sure about Anna and Nina - think you might have too many n and a sounds going on there! Anna and Elsa sound better together imo.

Anna and Iris sound good together too, but Iris is one of those names I can't warm to - love the meaning and background, but it always sounds harsh to me.

delilah88 Thu 15-Nov-12 12:56:29

I like Georgina best. Or Nina.

HolyBrrrrrrBatman Thu 15-Nov-12 13:26:49

I love Anna as well, but I think Anna and Nina might be too similar. If you're talking about both of them Anna and Nina is a real mouthful, sounds like 'annanina'.

HolyBrrrrrrBatman Thu 15-Nov-12 13:30:46

Nina can be a nn for names ending in 'ina', so you could go for Georgina and then you have the choice of Nina or Georgie.

WitchesTit Thu 15-Nov-12 13:31:49

They are all lovely. I absolutely adore Nina.
My mum had a lovely friend when I was little called Nina, she was a singer and would pick me up and sing to me in a lovely throaty voice.

TheBeanAndTheBee Thu 15-Nov-12 13:37:54

Good taste in names! Maggie and Elsa are both great, I think of them as cool girl names... Anna and Maggie go particularly well. Lovely.

MustafaCake Thu 15-Nov-12 13:43:53

You have lovely taste in names!

Nina is the best!

nickelrocketgoBooooooom Thu 15-Nov-12 13:44:56

Georgina could be nn Nina as well, then you've got a twofer grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now