3 children, all with rhyming names. Would you?

(99 Posts)
RipThePresentsOpen Mon 12-Nov-12 22:36:19

I've met someone who has 3 children and all their names rhyme and are very, very similar. I'm not going to say what they are but think along the lines of Ayden, Kayden and Jayden.

Would you? I'm on the fence. Not that it matters of course, or that my opinion on her DCs names matters either and of course I didn't say anything to her but I've pondered on it since. Not sure what I would have come up with for mine if I wanted to rhyme them.

Also, do you think she set out to have 3 rhyming names? I can't even think of another name that rhymes with my DC1's name so I wouldn't have got far!

Notquite Wed 14-Nov-12 22:49:51

I heard a mum calling for her daughters Myla and Skyla in a shop recently.

DD2 used to have swimming lessons with very sweet & high-pitched girl triplets who will always be Huey, Dewey and Louie to me (though mercifully, not to their mum).

cashmere Wed 14-Nov-12 22:50:43

Twins Tia and Maria
Alliteration- Frankie, Freddie, Fraser

arfur Wed 14-Nov-12 22:58:29

Cashmere wins! Tia and Maria?!?! FFS!

Tia and Maria? shock seriously?

Op i bet its billy, Millie and Lilly.

I know sisters kayleigh and Kayla... Just no accounting for taste is there.

cashmere Wed 14-Nov-12 23:40:36

Yep came across Tia and Maria through work. Also known sisters called Aliesha and Aaliyah- even Mum seemed to have to think which name to say.

Fifi2406 Thu 15-Nov-12 08:46:18

I know someone with boys Jayden and kayden it's lazy IMO

gingernutbiscuits Mon 19-Nov-12 23:13:58

I know a family with a Zara and a Sara... (the Sara is pronounced like "Sarah" - but still!!!)

I also went to school with a Brad Bradley...but his parents were vegan so you can forgive them a bit of "uniqueness"...

marilynwhirlwind Mon 19-Nov-12 23:29:24

My ds's name rhymes with the shortened form of my name. To be honest i never think of myself as my shortened name, (although Dh and some friends do call me by it) so i didn't realise the rhyming until ds was around 1yr. When ds chose a name for our cat that also rhymed I said that I'd allow him this one but it would have to stop here!

Cahooots Tue 20-Nov-12 00:09:33

I know a DM called Bobby who called her son, err, Bobby. Both NN but ones that were used for everything...... And yes the Dad was called Robert but, thankfully, he called himself by his full name.

Rhyming names for three DC's is a bit silly and cutesy but it is not that bad confused

Joey, Chloe and Zoe
Aiden, Cadan and Hayden
Estelle, Belle and Adelle
Brianna, Rianna and Diana

Doris, Morris and Boris. grin

And, my favourite,
Miranda, Cassandra and Leander grin grin

Jusfloatingby Tue 20-Nov-12 12:50:00

I knew someone whose children were Emma and Emmet.

sleeplessinderbyshire Tue 20-Nov-12 13:50:29

I knew a woman called Tracey who named her daughters Stacey, Lacey and Bracey

TurkeyDino Tue 20-Nov-12 13:56:22

I know someone with a Leah who wanted to call her dd2 Mia, then decided that sounded daft (after ordering lots of personalised crap) so called dd2 Sophia instead. confused

motherinferior Tue 20-Nov-12 13:59:43

I am now yearning for triplets called Flora, Dora and Cora. Feel I missed a trick somewhere.

Cahooots Tue 20-Nov-12 14:17:14

...or sextuplets called Flora, Dora, Cora, Nora, Moira and Laura

....perhaps not sad

SoupDragon Tue 20-Nov-12 14:18:23

With the example you used I would be judging the parents on their inability to spell rather than the fact that they rhymed.

lljkk Tue 20-Nov-12 19:43:21

Octomom gave her kids rhyming names. 8 babies to name, all the wonderful baby names in the world, & the best she can come up with are rhyming Biblical choices. (Sigh)

stifnstav Tue 20-Nov-12 20:32:49

Just did a quick tot up and there are 16 5ames beginning with J in my family.

<runs off and hides>

stifnstav Tue 20-Nov-12 20:33:28

Remembered another. 17.

The shame!

Coralanne Sun 25-Nov-12 10:05:58

Friend's DDs are Katarina,Kristina and Marina. Her DS is David

Narked Sun 25-Nov-12 10:26:14

Some of these don't rhyme [pedant]

I'm a little in awe of Roberta and Robert calling their son Robert. That's just so in the face of logic it's almost brilliant.

Cahooots Sun 25-Nov-12 11:25:12

The Robert, Roberta and Robert family were American (Southern to boot). I don't think it is that unusual thing to do there. They did have another son but I can't remember his name confused

We also knew a family with five boys all with Ricky, Randy, Rusty names (can't remember the others). They were all red headed and I must admit we would have a bit of a giggle when we got the obligatory Xmas letter with photos of the boys looking typically American.

hooflungdung Sun 25-Nov-12 12:22:27

I met family whose surname was Borden and who had given their 3 daughters names that were all a derivative of Elizabeth...Elsie, Bella and Eliza. Not an actual Lizzie though....but she was pregnant again...........

arfur Sun 25-Nov-12 16:33:57

Just remembered I know a chap called Simon whose mum was Simone hmm

Arithmeticulous Sun 25-Nov-12 16:49:24

There was a family (in the US) in the papers this week - something awful had happened to them but I could not see past the fact they were called Andy, Mandy, Sandy, Randy and possibly Candy blush

confuddledDOTcom Sun 25-Nov-12 17:26:57

I got a lot of raised eyebrows and sniggering when I was in hospital last year, my daughter's name rhymes with my maiden name and of course she got given my name not his. I'd see them introduce her to someone and the other person try to keep a straight face and I'd say "But she'll be... when we go home!" which would usually tip them over the edge. One spelling of her name is my initial followed by my surname, but I thought that would be pushing it! Didn't help that there was another baby in with the same surname and a rhyming name.

My husband has decided he wants our son to be called the masculine version of one of our daughter's name, not rhyming or obvious but... no!

lljkk, it's alliteration and rhyming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now