3 children, all with rhyming names. Would you?

(99 Posts)
RipThePresentsOpen Mon 12-Nov-12 22:36:19

I've met someone who has 3 children and all their names rhyme and are very, very similar. I'm not going to say what they are but think along the lines of Ayden, Kayden and Jayden.

Would you? I'm on the fence. Not that it matters of course, or that my opinion on her DCs names matters either and of course I didn't say anything to her but I've pondered on it since. Not sure what I would have come up with for mine if I wanted to rhyme them.

Also, do you think she set out to have 3 rhyming names? I can't even think of another name that rhymes with my DC1's name so I wouldn't have got far!

Bunbaker Wed 14-Nov-12 08:50:34

How naff.

stillsmarting Wed 14-Nov-12 09:02:04

DS was in a swimming class with Molly, Holly and Polly (not related) and it all got very confusing, so probably wouldn't do it.

BikeRunSki Wed 14-Nov-12 09:07:35

I have come across triplet girls who must be in their 80s now called Gladys, Alice and Janice.

DH, DD and I are all AH Surname, bit unimaginative!

BikeRunSki Wed 14-Nov-12 09:08:26

My mum is Jenny and her best friends are Benny and Penny!

NO. What is wrong with people.

I know someone who had 5 kids who's name all begin with T.

There was a lady on Supernanny USA or Nanny 911 that had kids called Emmet, Emma, Emily, Emjay and er.....Eminence?

Popumpkin Wed 14-Nov-12 09:54:26

Oh deary me, no. A friend of my mum's has children called Hayley, Leanne & Leigh, not rhyming as such but still variants of the same bloody name!

Am grin at the Holly, Molly, Polly, Ollie type registers - I bet there are a few teachers familiar with that nowadays!

I also went to school with sisters called Jean and Jane, which I never understood confused.

On the subject of families with same letter names, there's the Duggar family from somewhere in the US who have something like 20 DCs all with J names. Good job they didn't start with a Zoe grin.

B1ueberryMuff1n Wed 14-Nov-12 13:17:56

those duggars have a Jo and a Joanna and a Joy. fgs.

almapudden Wed 14-Nov-12 13:34:50

They also have a Jinger hmm.

They ignored all the real names that start with J and bastardised a nickname - why?!

arfur Wed 14-Nov-12 13:44:12

Loon mum at school has a James, jack, josh and is expecting a Jay - yawn! Also used to know a family who were Alan, Anne, Aaron and Aidan. Not my cup of tea but then I think people who dress kids in matching clothes are odd too grin

Marrow Wed 14-Nov-12 13:48:24

I have a friend called Wayne, middle name Dwayne! Luckily his surname is completely different!

StellaNova Wed 14-Nov-12 13:49:50

You could have Karen, Darren, Sharon and Aaron. Excellent.

Tenderisthenight Wed 14-Nov-12 13:58:59

I know of someone with a Lana and a Lula and I find it really stupid. Likewise siblings Henry and Harry. There was some family in the Guardian travel section with teenagers Emily and Millie. One of the names is just the end bit of the other one. They looked such a sensible family in the photo I just couldn't understand how that had happened. You can't just use what is basically the same name twice no matter how much you like it!

B1ueberryMuff1n Wed 14-Nov-12 14:00:51

oh my. lula is a vagina

MumOfAPickle Wed 14-Nov-12 14:06:24

I went to school with a Wayne, Shane & Dwayne. My mum always stifled a laugh grin

Lancelottie Wed 14-Nov-12 14:35:54

DF used to teach siblings Elaine, Aileen and Leeanne. Bet that was hard to say in a hurry.

StellaNova Wed 14-Nov-12 14:44:30

tenderisthenight I suppose they might have called them Emily and Amelia, or Emily and Millicent, not thinking that the second might get shortened to Milly?

But Henry and Harry is stupid, even if its really Henry and Harrison or something.

Primrose123 Wed 14-Nov-12 14:55:13

I know someone who has three boys, and their names all start with J.

I also know two brothers, Roy and Ray.

missingmymarbles Wed 14-Nov-12 15:05:50

I know someone called Robbie (short for Roberta); her husbands name was Rob (short for Robert) - coincidence, obviously. But they called their son Robert after his dad, nn Robbie hmm Theur daughters name was Hayley. Iirc.

I also know a family, the parents names begin with R, as do their four daughters.

And a family where the three kids are named a derivative if the fathers name.

OwlLady Wed 14-Nov-12 15:08:49

mine all have similar sounding names <mental> blush

Lancelottie Wed 14-Nov-12 20:35:50

Prim -- so do I. Do I know you? <paranoid>

deemented Wed 14-Nov-12 20:39:59

My next door neighbour is called Candy. Her twin sister is Brandy. Her elder sister is Mandy and her younger sister is called Sandy.

sassytheFIRST Wed 14-Nov-12 20:55:12

My dad knew a bloke called Cyril, wife beryl and their daughter Cheryl. Ha ha.

Primrose123 Wed 14-Nov-12 22:19:15

Lancelottie do you live in Wales?

Lancelottie Wed 14-Nov-12 22:35:49

Nope.
Phew.
Must be a fair few batty families out there then.

TheOriginalSteamingNit Wed 14-Nov-12 22:38:41

My parents used to know a family with a Kirsty Katrina Katherine and Kate. Always felt sorry for Katrina and Katherine, as their choices of diminutive were obviously limited by the actual Kate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now