Is Sebastian too predictable with my other boys' names?

(34 Posts)
persephoneplum Sun 07-Oct-12 03:21:21

About a year ago I was obsessed with having a Sebastian - DH hated it, would never consider it.

Now that a third boy is actually growing inside me and I cast it off the list long ago because of DH's aversion. Then last night he picked up a baby name book for the first time and came across Sebastian and said "Well that's not too bad, add it to the list." You could have knocked me down with a feather!

So now it's a possibility I find myself worrying about it extreme popularity and - to be honest - predictability with my other boys' names - Felix and Theodore.

My other choice is Christopher as it's my dad's name, but he would only be called Kit, never ever Chris or Christopher.

So do you agree with my concerns? Is Sebastian yawn-worthy or fabulous? Is Kit better?

DaisyBD Tue 09-Oct-12 12:59:02

I have a Benedict, and I wanted DS2 to be Sebastian, but this was vetoed on the grounds that Benedict and Sebastian sounded like they ran an antiques shop in Brighton. Wish I'd stuck to my guns! I love Kit too but have a brother with this name. And Felix and Theodore are gorgeous.

JennaMoroney Tue 09-Oct-12 13:50:00

prefer christopher kit. i really hate the name Sebastian. it's so 'i wanna be posh like'. yikes. and bash? omg. wanktastical.

TheWave Tue 09-Oct-12 14:03:24

I think Sebastian goes better.

Wetthemogwai Tue 09-Oct-12 14:19:41

I really don't like Sebastian or kit, sorry. I've never liked Sebastian and kit sounds a little bit girly to me

My imaginary, future ds will be Arlo which I think fits quite nicely with my imaginary dd Thea with Theodore and felix

What about...

Abel
Asher
Barnaby
Blake
Cameron
Casper
Dylan
Elliot
Henry
Lucas/luca
Marcus
Miles
Orson
Quinn
Rafe
Trystan
Zachary

thegreylady Tue 09-Oct-12 16:19:59

Bruno?
Toby/Tobias?
Kester?
Miles?
Guy?

Dinosaurdrip Tue 09-Oct-12 16:32:16

Sebastian is a lovely name, it was vetoed by DP for ds1 but for some reason, like your DP, was okayed for ds2. I have a Rowan (4) and a Sebastian (3) and always get positive comments. Sebastian is more popular now than it was 3 yrs ago but that doesn't bother me, my Sebastian is still the only one I know.

Dinosaurdrip Tue 09-Oct-12 16:34:11

Also, to answer your actual question.... I think it sounds lovely with your other 2 DS names.

sandyballs Tue 09-Oct-12 16:38:58

I just can't help thinking of Sebastian in Little Britain, with Anthony Head.

PorkyandBess Tue 09-Oct-12 16:57:16

I love Sebastian.

I know 2 who are friends with each other - one gets called Seb, the other Bas.

They need a 3rd, so we could call him Ian grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now