French boys names decision needed - 3 days to go

(33 Posts)
Melonmoonmum Sat 06-Oct-12 11:22:16

Help! C- section planned for Tuesday, got a shortlist but can't make the final decision! We have 2 x ds already, Luc & Jacques. Expecting ds3. Shortlist is Pascal, Mathis (Matisse), Joel, Didier. Or something else?... Help please

GreyElephant Mon 08-Oct-12 11:54:07

DD's (6 months) little playgroup boyfriends are Nicolas, Jules, Henri and Thomas. All are a similar age to her.

Treblesallround Mon 08-Oct-12 11:57:35

Our two year old GS is Mattis (French mum, English dad, live in UK) It's a lovely name.

notMarlene Mon 08-Oct-12 12:10:25

Yannick?

tigrou Mon 08-Oct-12 12:43:14

Agree Mathis is very popular. Another option is Mattéo.
Or how about Charles, Rémi, Nathan..

Pasiphae Mon 08-Oct-12 13:19:56

Matthis is the best from the list, but very popular in France. Didier, Pascal and Joel are so old and faded.

How about Jules, Marcel or Emile? Or Lucien, Arthur, Theodore, Gaspard, Baltazar, Joachim?

happierhigherstrongerwheezing Mon 08-Oct-12 13:25:24

I love Henri, reminds me of Henri Leconte, who I had a major crush on when I was a teenager.

My ds1 incidentently shares his bd. July 4th. Didn't call him henri though.

Always thought Benoit was an unusual name.

Edma Mon 08-Oct-12 14:30:19

Agree with the others, Mathis is too popular in France and Didier is just plain awful to French ears.
How about Erwan, Arthur, Pierre, Alexis...

Mintberry Tue 09-Oct-12 13:56:07

For Luc and Jaques you seem to have gone for names which can fit in in both France and England, (i.e. similar to Luke and Jack) and I think this is a good idea if they'll be spending time in both countries (Didier or Pascal, however, might sound a bit extravagant to his English peers, especially when he's a teenager). I'd go for Joel, as it is nice and will fit in well in both countries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now