Indie/Indy

(32 Posts)
Pocketrocket11 Fri 05-Oct-12 16:51:27

I've always like the name Indie/Indy for a girl but it's only since being on MN I've noticed that people frown on short names used on the BC and everyone suggests India with Indy for short....But I hate India, no reason why, it just isn't the name I love.
Would Indy Loveday Rose be so wrong on the BC?

Narked Mon 08-Oct-12 15:44:53

It reminds me of Indiana Jones.

'Indiana was the dog's name!'

lauraellajane Fri 19-Oct-12 21:47:31

I like the thought of giving my baby a full name that he/she can shorten as they choose - gives them a chance to create their own identity. But I have a chip on my shoulder from being called Laura - can't do much with that!

cloggs142 Fri 19-Oct-12 21:53:21

i love it. that has always been my girls name ( i have a boy, so maybe next time) i quite like short names too, my boy is called jude, but middle name william to lenghthen it out a bit. indie loveday rose is such a beautifil funky name....go for it!!!!

Snowflakepie Sat 20-Oct-12 10:33:54

I agree about giving her the name you will use. My mum always got riled when other family members named their kids one thing and said straight away they would be called something else. I remember a particularly vicious Jennifer-Jenny incident which definitely influenced me when naming my DD. Just be prepared for lots of comments along the lines of 'is that her real name?' If that doesn't bother you, choose what you love.

Lily15 Sun 21-Oct-12 21:28:41

Indy to me is an awesome boys name hence why it's been on our list for years! Cute for a girl too but I'm set on it if we had another boy in the future x

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 23-Oct-12 15:15:55

I love it! Loveday is on my secret list! wink

qumquat Thu 25-Oct-12 18:49:31

I'd assume it was a boy as in Indiana Jones

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now