chosen popular name

(56 Posts)
blondie72 Thu 14-Jun-12 13:44:31

My daughter is 3.5 and we chose a really popular name for her and I regret it every day. My husband thinks I'm mad but It's driving me crazy. Anyone else feel the same? Is there anything I can do?

Bumpstart Sat 06-Oct-12 23:30:33

Bump

Bumpstart Sat 06-Oct-12 23:31:19

For daisy do

purplehouse Sat 06-Oct-12 23:39:00

Olivia is a lovely name. Doesn't matter if it's popular. Statistically even the top names on the list will only be used by something like 1 in 50 or 100 babies - not like it's 1 in 10.

Anyway remember why names are popular - people like them, lots of people like them because they are really, really nice names. I thought that Olivia was actually the very top of the list recently - that's because it's the BEST name !

Do not worry about this any more !

LauraPalmerPlusOne Sun 07-Oct-12 10:30:38

Vivi is an adorable nn for Olivia (which is a lovely name OP!)

sparklechops Sun 07-Oct-12 11:05:08

Olivia is a lovely name! Don't regret it. I have the opposite problem....regrets over an unusual name. Sometimes I wish we'd gone for one of the more popular ones on our list. Like you, OP, I am a chronic worrier and probably just need something to focus my thoughts on.

MJandherdog Sun 07-Oct-12 18:34:48

Olivia is an absolutely beautiful name! It isn't faddy, it's just popular because it's gorgeous. I like all of the associated nicknames too- Livi, Vivi, Oli...I really wouldn't worry x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now