Team Hooker - Pictures. Do not look if you don't want more ideas...

(43 Posts)
SoupDragon Mon 17-Sep-12 11:35:29

How about we have a picture thread? As suggested by, um, someone else on the Team Hooker thread but I can't remember who and I can't be arsed to load another tab on Safari to find out

Ooh nice one... but I don't want to put my pics up first blush
Will wait for some others first grin

SoupDragon Mon 17-Sep-12 11:54:16

Holiday Blanket.

It's bigger now but this is a gratuitous beach shot grin

Wolfcub Mon 17-Sep-12 12:40:14

Good thinking. I love seeing -noseying- at everyones projects.

Love the beach and the blanket!
My latest projects...

PurplePidjin Mon 17-Sep-12 13:07:17

Rainbow Snake in Sirdar Baby Bamboo, finished 10 minutes ago!

He'll either wrap round the cot bars or be suspended in a coil above smile

SoupDragon Mon 17-Sep-12 14:10:05

I want to make a snake it's on my hugely long list of things to do.

Love the latest projects, Fens... I love like seeing stuff made in the "drab" colours. They are so much more me than the bright colours. My rainbow blanket is for the playroomand is meant to remind us of our holiday when it is cold and miserable here smile, hence the garish cheerful colours, but the things I make for myself are far more subdued.

Funnily enough I have now moved onto some colour! Will take a photo tonight of my current project which is in shades of green and purple...

This is very inspiring! smile
<crochet newbie>

Very wonky, and haven't figured out which colour combinations to do yet (living room accent colours are blue and red), nor indeed how big the blanket is going to be so how many squares I need, but this is my first effort.
It is very, very addictive! grin

Ooops. Here it is.

SoupDragon Tue 18-Sep-12 11:00:59

Very nice smile

PurplePidjin Tue 18-Sep-12 11:22:18

Fabulous, Hope! How big is a square?

Squares are about 10cm. Some, as you can see, are not really squares though!
The single colour ones are really hard to do - I kept losing my place! I think i shall stick to changing colour on each round, so I don't spend more time unravelling than I do crocheting.

Can I ask - when you do a blanket like this, do you plan exactly how many squares of which colour combo you do, or do you sort of make it up as you go along? I know I want to join everything together with the navy blue, but apart from that I don't know whether it would be better to have a proper scheme or have it all a bit haphazard.

PurplePidjin Tue 18-Sep-12 17:45:31

I mostly do woolly hugs, which means i get a completely random selection of knit/crochet and colours. I pile them up by colour and keep my fingers crossed i can make stripes!

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Tue 18-Sep-12 17:46:06

Lovely to see other peoples projects

I'm making two more of these blankets.

One for myself in Sublime yarn which has solid colour circles instead of multicoloured and one in Stylecraft as a gift in shades of green and brown.

That is gorgeous JumpedUp.

Wolfcub Wed 19-Sep-12 06:51:46

PantryBoy that blanket is absolutely beautiful

KnottyLocks Wed 19-Sep-12 08:01:01

The Woolly Hug that is being auctioned to raise funds for SANDS...finished yesterday. smile

KnottyLocks Wed 19-Sep-12 08:01:50

Gah! Where's the pic gone? confused

ooh very pretty pantryboy - definitely giving me ideas!
knotty - if you preview then you may need to upload again into the browse part as it goes blank
have added my current project - its going to be a gift but I can't decide how big to make it and whether its going to DM or DMIL!

KnottyLocks Wed 19-Sep-12 16:54:53

Right, here we go again grin

KnottyLocks Wed 19-Sep-12 17:50:06

<rolls eyes>

KnottyLocks Wed 19-Sep-12 17:51:12

Ooo , that soon to be a blanket is lovely smile

I am more than a little envy that yours are all so neat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now