Easy capelet crochet pattern - Help!!

(11 Posts)
Flossyfloof Tue 11-Oct-16 08:13:07

I have been asked to finish a crocheted capelet started by my beloved aunty who is no longer with us. I really want to do it and do a good job.
BUT! In all the hours we sat knitting and crocheting together I never asked her about the pattern! I have her patterns but haven't found anything.
Unfortunately she had mad a couple of mistakes and so I have had to pull it back quite a bit, I know when she was well she would not have been happy with a garment with mistakes,
Just wondering if anyone can help, it is a capelet, does up at the neck, rather than a shawl/cape/poncho.
It has shapings at the neck and shoulder, it looks as if she has crocheted 3/4 trebles into one stitch to do them and she has done this in 4 places, so it flares out from the shoulders.
I have worked out that it is just trebles and I know I can do it and I can work it out myself if I need to - just wondered if anyone can point me in the direction of some help.
I am looking on Ravelry to see if I can find anything but can really only see triangle shawls and poncho styles.
Just wondering if anyone can think of anything similar, so that I can feel a bit more confident about the shaping.

ymmv Thu 13-Oct-16 22:27:32

I'd be interested to see a picture of what you have so far if that would be possible.

Flossyfloof Thu 13-Oct-16 23:27:29

I can't believe I did this - but I ripped it down.
I have found a pattern very similar, but it is for a child's cape. I haven't looked at the pattern for it so no idea how it might stack up but I thought I would look at the pattern and try to size it up.

Flossyfloof Thu 13-Oct-16 23:28:55

This is the pic from the pattern I have found.

Flossyfloof Thu 13-Oct-16 23:29:34

No it isn't! I'll try to find it, sorry

Flossyfloof Thu 13-Oct-16 23:35:05

knitted-patterns.com/images/stories/img/site_img/model_014/m_043.jpg

Flossyfloof Thu 13-Oct-16 23:37:41

This is the closest one I can find but I think the original was just trebles.

PolterGoose Fri 14-Oct-16 07:14:52

Those are UK trebles. American crochet have slightly different terms, eg UK treble is a US double.

Flossyfloof Fri 14-Oct-16 08:45:05

Yes, I am thinking of the actual garment I am crocheting rather than the pictures I am finding.
The cape I had seemed to be one treble, one chain, one treble etc. I am coming unstuck with the shaping necessary to make it fit around the neck and shoulders and hang properly.

Flossyfloof Fri 14-Oct-16 08:46:25

This is the closest I have found but unfortunately this is obviously a little small!

ymmv Fri 14-Oct-16 12:36:40

I'd look up filet crochet in the round - because it sounds like a mesh and the increases are usually put at the end of a row but if your shaping is at the shoulder that would be within the row. iyswim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now