Selling homemade cards....can I pick your brains?

(4 Posts)
sensesworkingovertime Wed 01-May-13 20:06:53

Hi, I have made quite a few cards now and would like to start selling, for charity I think. If any of you already sell cards how do you go about getting the right envelopes, do you make them yourself? And what about cellophane/plastic wallets for each card, you so you can display them without them getting dirty? Thanks in advance for advice.

LineRunner Thu 02-May-13 13:51:09

What size cards? I noticed Asda have started selling packs of coloured envelopes quite cheaply but they are for A6 size which seems a bit small really.

For the cellophane I would google and look on ebay. I think you will find loads of envelopes on there too. Ebay seems ever-expanding.

There is also an ebay board here on MN which might help you with both buying and selling advice. Many of the posters there are really experienced, and helped me get started selling all sorts of things. (Not cards, though - I am not artistic and crafty like you!)

Dingle Thu 02-May-13 16:17:02

What size cards are you making?

I would firstly look at somewhere like Craft Creations. They do a few different qualities of envelope and the more you buy the cheaper it works out per envelope.
They code matching cello bags to fit each of their envelope sizes so it will give you a good starting point to compare other seller to. I know of other cardmakers who use to use Ideal Envelopes, but I always found CC cheaper out of the two.

sensesworkingovertime Tue 07-May-13 18:20:36

Sorry this is late reply but many thanks, I will look at those suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now