We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Glasgow woolly hugs meet up

(63 Posts)

It's been ages since we all met up!

How does Monday 18th march suit folks? At the Burrell?

HairyPotter Fri 08-Mar-13 22:26:41

Yay! I'll be there. grin

I am just popping in to say hello <waves>

I am slightly overwhelmed by RL at the moment, so won't be able to come this time round. My next available free slot is sometime in May...

Have fun!! smile

HairyPotter Fri 08-Mar-13 22:47:28

Oh that's a shame Pacific. You will be missed. Will make sure we have one in May. I think we were going to try and make the meet ups once a month.

Hope you and all your gorgeous boys are well.

prettybird Fri 08-Mar-13 22:54:53

I'll be there.

If it's ok with you lot, I'll double this up as one of the MN Local meet-ups (I volunteered to be an Ambassador).

Sorry you can't make it PacificDogwood Hope RL gets better.

Skoggy Sat 09-Mar-13 09:56:26

Aww shucks! If I wasn't moving that weekend, I'd come up from Newcastle.
Hope you have a lovely time.

GoingGoingGoth Sat 09-Mar-13 13:05:19

Another one signing in grin

Yay!! I love it when a plan comes together!

Count me in!

binger Sat 09-Mar-13 17:27:13

I think I should be free, depending on time (I've nc from last meet up, was Biff).

HairyPotter Sat 09-Mar-13 17:47:36

It's usually around 11am Binger grin

Yup, meeting at 11 means we can have elevenses (read cake), lunch (read cake) and for the hardcore amongst us afternoon tea (read cake)!

HairyPotter Sat 09-Mar-13 18:05:21

I'm willing to break my week old diet to join in properly. I'm nice like that.

Ah, such sacrifices made for a good cause!

prettybird Sat 09-Mar-13 18:32:33

Last time I was not long into my Low Carb High Fat diet - I had to watch everyone else eat cake and give away the bread that came with the soup.

The diet is still going well, so I'll have to repeat the agony willpower! grin

HairyPotter Sat 09-Mar-13 18:53:02

Dibs on Pretty's bread! blush I'm an addict.

I'm supposed to be eschewing cakes/biscuits/sweets on weekdays, but if it was a long weekend, I could have a spot of cake, couldn't I?

prettybird Sat 09-Mar-13 18:58:09

That's a deal HairyPotter smile

Well I am not under any type of cutback although I probably should be so I'll happily scoff whatever is on others banned lists!

HairyPotter Sat 09-Mar-13 19:08:17

The nurse at my outpatients on Friday helpful mentioned when she did my weight, that this was the porkiest I have ever been. <she may not have used those exact words mind you> Hence the diet starting last Monday.

The cake stand at my PTA spring fayre today and the inevitable chocolate orange i'll get tomorrow aren't helping though. grin

prettybird Sat 09-Mar-13 19:25:51

I've now made 4 double batches of chocolate chip/smarties cookies and 3 batches of tablet for the Rugby Minis Home Baking stand and not had a single biscuit/piece shock

Excluding the three half pieces of tablet that I had to have for quality control purposes wink

I might make a batch of chocolate fudge to bring - it has the texture of tablet and is heavenly!

HairyPotter Sat 09-Mar-13 21:08:36

I'm home with a huge bag of home baking that was left over, as well as the big bag I'd already bought. I think I'm the only PTA member that actually looks forward to our fayre.

I'm don't mind trying the chocolate fudge for you sdtg just to make absolutely sure it tastes heavenly. <selfless>

Pretty half pieces definitely don't count btw! grin

prettybird Mon 11-Mar-13 10:57:42

Have posted this meet-up on the MN Local Glasgow South Side Meet-ups, so we might see some new faces. smile

prettybird Mon 11-Mar-13 10:59:51

and as a Mother's Day treat to myself yesterday, I allowed myself one chocolate chip cookie and a couple of pieces of tablet, plus finally cracked open one of the large bars of South African Peppermint Crisp which my dad had brought back last October and which I then magnanimously shared with ds! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now