We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Ideas needed for a Mother's Day present please.

(11 Posts)
flubba Wed 06-Mar-13 10:40:35

Aww Woolly thank you!

Oh that is beautiful, Flubba

I love patchwork but just haven't got the 'eye' for matching fabrics. You have created a thing of beauty

flubba Wed 06-Mar-13 08:17:42

Thanks Ninja - it is sooooo soft too.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Tue 05-Mar-13 17:53:30

that's lovely, it looks so soft too smile

flubba Tue 05-Mar-13 10:03:21

This is what I've made for my lovely mum.

flubba Sun 03-Mar-13 18:04:55

Haha! Thanks woolly grin (?)

Ninja that's the kind of thing I was thinking of with my second idea, it's lovely! Will have a think once I've dried my eyes of course grin

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Sun 03-Mar-13 17:52:19

I like this kind of thing, would look good with a heart in the middle? Reds would be lovely smile

That sounds lovely and very creative. I like the idea of a heart that isn't a heart shaped cushion. The red and white would be very fresh after a long, dull winter.

Now, dry your eyes on a scrap of fabric and get cracking grin

Maybe keep the pipe-cleaners for on her card?

flubba Sun 03-Mar-13 17:28:10

Nobody?

>>sobs, quietly, into fabric stash<<

flubba Sun 03-Mar-13 10:44:59

Bump. Anyone? Anyone? (A la Ferris Bueller) grin

flubba Sun 03-Mar-13 07:33:55

I've got an idea of the kind of thing I'd like to make for Mother's Day but can't quite thrash it out in my head (and DH and the kids are useless - he says "sounds nice" to anything I suggest, and kids go "ooh, can we stick pipe cleaners on it" to anything I suggest grin)

So, was hoping I could grab some ideas from you all.

I was thinking of making a cushion with white and red fabric, but don't want to be too cheesy, so not a heart shape or anything. Was thinking maybe of making a predominantly white cushion with red patchwork (so made up of various reds) heart in the middle? Or do I go for a plain patchwork cushion, simple strips and squares of patchwork? Do I embroider anything on it? Was thinking of doing a small '123 years so far..." thing somewhere not very obvious (as she's been a mum to me and my sisters for 123 cumulative years so far) or, or, or...

Or is that all a bit crappy? In fact, it doesn't need to be red at all, so scrap that as a prerequisite.

Thank you if you've stayed with me through these ramblings and any ideas will be truly welcome! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now