We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Could I knit a " knitted character?"

(6 Posts)
EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Mon 18-Feb-13 17:41:50

The Harry Hill 'Knitted Character' was actually crocheted, not knitted, so that first pattern is pretty good. Not so good if you don't crochet, of course.

MercedesKing Sun 17-Feb-13 09:22:08

To knit exquisitely is not that hard, you can try to knit one by yourself, definitely you can follow a pattern,this would be much easier and less expensive, but you would spend a lot pf time! anyway, it worth the time, you can knit in future for your other family members. smile

deleted203 Sun 17-Feb-13 00:15:40

If you've never knitted anything in your life I think you might find it difficult, TBH. Can you knit? It looks reasonably simple in shape, however, and there's a knitting pattern on ebay for £1.99 if that helps.

TheSilveryPussycat Sun 17-Feb-13 00:05:29

That pattern is actually crochet...

MrsMushroom Sat 16-Feb-13 23:55:25

Yes! Here's a Free Pattern!

Cuckoomama Sat 16-Feb-13 23:38:50

My beautiful grandson has said he would love a knitted character as in Harry Hills tv Burp. I have never knitted anything in my life but I would love to give him one. I looked at buying a ready made one but they were £12-99p which seems quite expensive to me. Do you think I could follow a pattern? ( presuming I could find one of course).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now