Crochet - joining granny squares

(5 Posts)
PixelAteMyFace Wed 06-Feb-13 16:28:54

Aaaah yes, thanks for the advice soupy and clothy, I`d forgotten that Lucy had done that tutorial, it looks ok and saves sewing, which I hate - it`s bad enough having to weave in all the ends!

I slip stitch them together as explained on the Attic24 link that soupy posted. I much prefer it to join as you go and I can't be arsed sewing them together (hate sewing crocheted stuff and I think it might be because I sew & quilt so find it odd when not working with 'normal' fabric).

Attic24 instructions

I don't like Join As Yo Go. I've tried it once and didn't like the end result.

I double crochet them together on the reverse, only going through the back loop of the edge stitches - I think it was explained on Attic24.

PixelAteMyFace Tue 05-Feb-13 21:19:58

I`ve just begun a cot blanket for a friend`s baby, and I`m doing granny squares for the first time.

What is the neatest way of joining them? I`d been planning to do the join-as-you go method, but I read comments that it can distort the squares and that they don`t lie flat.

Is it better to sew the squares together for the neatest finish, or is there some other way of doing it?

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now