Yarn for crocheted storage boxes?

(6 Posts)
lauraellajane Wed 16-Jan-13 13:48:47

Sorry for the delayed reply - no I haven't used it, but desperate to try it out! I've seen some examples made up in a local shop and they look great.

I'm planning to make a few smallish storage baskets for my baby's room (due in May) to store easy to grab muslins etc, but like a typical craft addict I already have loads of projects on the go!

Seabright Fri 11-Jan-13 23:13:06

I was going to recommend zpagetti too. I haven't used it yet, but it was being launched in the Netherlands when I was there earlier this year and it looked really good.

It's meant to be really quick to work, they reckon you can make a bag in an hour or so.

DewDr0p Fri 11-Jan-13 10:36:50

Ooh thanks for the ideas. The zpaghetti stuff looks fab - have you used it lauraellajane ?

Do you think ordinary cotton yarn would be too floppy?

lauraellajane Fri 11-Jan-13 08:20:26

Have you seen zpaghetti yarn? Or you could just use jersey strips.

Would this work? (Scroll down for the black twine)

Otherwise could you use fabric stiffener?

DewDr0p Thu 10-Jan-13 13:20:43

I want to crochet some storage boxes to go on a bookshelf - can't find any the right size so thought I'd give it a whirl myself. I'm quite an experienced crocheter and actually have a pattern that I can adapt to size (in Erika Knight's Simple Crochet book) However the pattern uses parcel string (?!) and I want the boxes to be black.

Any thoughts on what yarn would be suitable and make a sturdy enough fabric? The pattern is basically all dc.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now