So I had a really silly idea to learn how to crochet...

(62 Posts)
AnyaKnowIt Mon 26-Nov-12 18:25:16

Now I've been sitting here for an hour and I still can't do the first knot

sad

AnyaKnowIt Thu 29-Nov-12 13:12:21

shock you are suppose to say its the best you have ever seen sad grin

MissWooWoo Thu 29-Nov-12 13:17:01

that is exactly what mine ended up like Anya - I was trying to do a square btw!

JollyJock Thu 29-Nov-12 13:26:15

Sorry. The stitches look pretty neat actually, it's just the number in each row that is the issue!

AnyaKnowIt Thu 29-Nov-12 13:35:46

grin I've had to stop now. the child keeps pulling the wool round her neck blush

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Thu 29-Nov-12 13:57:47

You made a car grin

AnyaKnowIt Thu 29-Nov-12 19:22:15

The car is no more sad

DD got hold of it while I was making her dinner, pulled it all apart sad

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Thu 29-Nov-12 20:25:50

Frogging is fun sad

shellybop Thu 29-Nov-12 23:24:47

I decided to teach myself a year ago and just followed some YouTube videos. Tried a few till I found ones I liked and still look at them when I forget how to do things. I like the art of crochet by Theresa and the knit witch.

Keep going- if I can do it ANYONE can! I've made lots of things now and my proudest was when I carried home my newborn son from the hospital wrapped in the cosy blanket I had made him.....

sashh Fri 30-Nov-12 07:05:23

Put the hook in your left hand and watch you tube through a mirror.

I taught myself to crochet left handed in order to teach my left handed cousin. Both her mum and mine had tried unsuccessfully.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Fri 30-Nov-12 07:18:04

Poor carsad

Wait till your dd gets a bit older Anya she will be wowed by your efforts. My boys are 10 and 8 and everything I produce is a masterpiece to them. My first wonky square was met with lots of cheers and 'you are so clever mummy'. I want them to stay this age forevergrin

I have found it easier working in circles tbh. Granny squares are pretty easy, just have to remember to count....I seem to have problems when I get past 10blush

Can I join in? I started about 4 weeks ago with an enormous, plastic hook from dd's Learn to crochet set. The instructions were awful so I've looked at some YouTube videos. I have my own set of hooks now but I have gone from the tension being too tight to bring too loose.

One video I've found helpful is Girlybunches but I'm going to look at some others that posters have recommended.

I am actually loving doing it though. smile

AnyaKnowIt Fri 30-Nov-12 09:01:48

aww bless. dd is 20 months so by the time she is 8 I might be able to do it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now